Chapter Fifteen

'It's an emergency
I need you here with me'

Chapter 15

Ziggy's POV:

I peeled my eyes open with a groan as my ringtone for Caroline blasted through my phone, loud as it could. 'Barbie girl' seemed quite fitting for the vampire with blonde hair that I'd become close with since I'd arrived in Mystic Falls, but I was pissed (to say the least), that I'd been woken up much before I would of liked to have been. Turning over in bed, my hands came up to rub my eyes groggily before answering the call in an overly-calm tone.

"Caroline, as much as I've grown fond of you, if you continue to call me at 8 in the morning that feeling will soon change," I hummed through the speaker, now fully sat up in bed.

"This is an emergency. You know you were talking about that werewolf bitch that bit you and Rose? Yeah, I think we might have a problem."

A slight dose of panic rose in my chest as soon as Caroline had started speaking. I quickly threw the phone onto my bed, rushing around the room to throw on whatever clothes I saw first. "Where are you?" My voice asked before I could process it, coming out higher than usual. I began to brush my teeth and then my hair in a speedy fashion.

"I'm at home," the erratic thumping of my heart returned to normal, but only for a second. "I already texted Stefan."

I gave myself a once over in the mirror, because as they say, if you're gonna be facing death, you might as well do it looking pretty. Flicking the water on from the tap, I quickly splashed my face, drying it with a towel and speaking through the phone. "I'll be there in a few minutes."

I sped to Caroline's house whilst she was in the midst of replying to me. Before she could utter a word, though, the doorbell of her house sounded through my phone speaker and I smirked when she answered the door.

"Here," she laughed at my antics despite the situation. "In only a minute too, record timing if I do say so myself," I leant on the door frame, looking at my nails casually. Caroline rolled her eyes at me, opening the door wider.

"Shut up and get in here."

I took a step into the house, heals clicking until I came to a stop. A car door slam sounded in my ears from outside and I assumed immediately that it was hero Stefan coming to save the day. As his figure came into view through the small white curtains, I knew my guess was correct.

"What's wrong?" He questioned, arms pulling into a shrug gesture. His eyes flitted over to my figure and he gave me a nod in acknowledgment which I reciprocated quietly. Judging by Caroline's shallow breathes, I could tell whatever happened to the young vampire was bothering her, so I decided to leave my blabber mouth for a little while later. It seemed like the 'right' thing to do, a path I seem to be taking more and more these days.

Caroline shut the door as I crossed my arms over my chest. "Tyler knows about you and Damon. He knows that Damon killed Mason," a hand ran through her blonde locks. "I didn't say a word." She emphasised the last sentence, puffing out a breathe of anxiety.

"It's that woman Jules. She had a run-in with Damon and Ziggy," he nodded his head in my direction when he mentioned me.

"Yeah, she's a real pain in my backside," who was I kidding? Of course I couldn't keep my sarcastic mouth shut, regardless of the severity of the situation. "Or my arm, if we're being specific, since that's where her nasty teeth sunk into me," I rolled my eyes. Care gave me a look, and I quickly decided to shut my mouth unless whatever I said would be useful.

"Tyler was so upset," the blonde paced, bringing another hand to her hair to run it through anxiously. "The look on his face, he was so betrayed," she used gestures with her hand to get the point across and I could see how much lying to him had hurt her. I placed a hand on her shoulder comfortingly and gave it a squeeze. She sent a small smile my way in response so I took my hand back.