Chapter Twenty-Seven

'No damsel in distress, don't need to save me
Once I start breathing fire, you can't tame me
And you might think I'm weak without a sword
But if I had one, it'd be bigger than yours'

'No damsel in distress, don't need to save meOnce I start breathing fire, you can't tame meAnd you might think I'm weak without a swordBut if I had one, it'd be bigger than yours'

Chapter 27

Ziggy's POV:

Though vampires, or a 'Fallen' as I was, couldn't actually experience hang overs because our body naturally rids the pain via healing, it didn't stop the sharp dull ache that struck my head the moment I started veering into consciousness after the amount I drank last night. Keeping my eyes closed for a few more precious moments, I finally opened them with an annoyed groan. The sight in front of me made them widen to twice the size they were, Stefan's peaceful sleeping face situated beside me.

Peering down under the covers to check I wasn't naked, I freaked out worse when the only article of clothing clinging to my body was Stefan's shirt he wore last night. Screaming, I flashed out the bed like the drama queen I was, banging into a wall in the corner of the room. The sudden loud noise made the Salvatore stir, a yawn forming on his mouth before he pried open his eyes too.

The situation we were in calculated in his head until he got the same answer as me; adding two plus two to get five. He sat up straight, unreadable expression.

I pointed at him, then at me. "Oh my God, did we?..." My voice trailed off, holding a hand over my face, hoping that may hide my extreme embarrassment.

"Good. You're awake," The door flew open to reveal Klaus in all his glory, leaning on the framework, giving me and Stefan a quick once over. "You were both a little drunk last night."

His sentence implied annoyance but the smirk on his face and the tone he held showed he found the events of last night amusing.

"What- The- Fuck," I whispered, embarrassment fully taking over my whole being. "Did you hear anything?" I asked the hybrid, hoping the floor is lava game was real so it could swallow me into a pit of bubbling hot liquid, out of this room.

He pulled a puzzled face at me, before realization dawned on him. He laughed loudly, shaking his head. "You didn't have sex, if that's what you're thinking," he continued with his chuckling, entertained. "You were both drunk as hell. I had to escort you from the event and walk you up the stairs the best I could."

"So why are we both in my room?" Stefan questions.

Klaus shrugged. "I couldn't be bothered carrying you both any further. You're quite heavy."

For some reason, something was telling me this was complete bullshit, and he set this all up to get a laugh out of us because he knew this would be the reaction as a result. Huffing, I pushed past the still chuckling Mikaelson, daring to peak a glance at Stefan who had his head in his hands with faint blush crawling up his neck. A foreign feeling swirled in my stomach, and I found myself unsure if I would've actually been upset if what we thought had happened, had actually happened.