Chapter One

'Don't Forget Where You Belong, Home
Don't Forget Where You Belong, Home
If You Ever Feel Along, Don't
You Were Never On Your Own'

Chapter 1.

Ziggy's POV:

I looked myself up and down, bouncing my hair. My smile wouldn't leave my face, I don't know why, though. It was just a normal day, coming back to my home town, going to school. I've been 18 for more than 900 years, if you can call that normal.

I sighed, shaking my head. "I can't believe I'm actually doing this," I mumbled to no one, slapping on some nude lip gloss. "Can't believe it."

"I can."

"Yeah, yeah. Do me a favour and shut up, Hesper," I turned around with a sarcastic smile. She smirked back, rolling her eyes playfully. "I'm joking, I love you really."

"Of course you do! I'm fabulous," She danced around my room, singing some weird song. "Oh yeah, are you ready? My vampire self really wants to go to this school." This time, I rolled my eyes.

"Blah, blah, blah. You only wanna meet some Prince Charming and eat people, you've droned on about it for so long," I babbled, grabbing my leather jacket from off my door. I slipped on my boots, facing my best vampire friend of way too long. "I swear to god if you do anything stupid to get us caught..."

"I won't," She cut me off, tilting her head slightly. "You may be older than me, a lot older, but I'm not stupid. And I know you there's a reason you're here, I'm not gonna ruin that."

I cocked one eyebrow, sighing again. "I know, I know. I just don't want certain people knowing we're here yet. I need to sort out my sh!t before we're booted out of this town," Giving a side smile, I wondered to the car.

"Get that guy attracting smirk on your face and walk into that school like you own it," Hesper pinched my cheek, getting in the passenger seat.

I did as she said, going around to the other side and getting in the vehicle. Here we go.

---

People surrounded the school, talking about nothing important. Hesper looked at me questioningly, a glint of mischief in her eyes. She pulled on my arm, heading straight inside without a care. The girl seemed excited about coming here which didn't make sense to me, even I wasn't excited about being back here, but Mystic Falls was the 'place to be' for vampires as others would say so I assumed this was the reason.

We needed to find the reception office first. That would be hard with little miss eager on my arm. I love her and all, but she's got to stop eye drooling over some of these guys. She's getting way too excited. Albeit, there were some very attractive boys; there must be something in the water here.

Speaking of drooling, I think almost everyone here is looking at us stride into the building. Small town, I though. Word about new arrivals must travel around fast.

It's nice to have attention but after years and years of receiving it, it didn't seem as important anymore. I've been around almost as long as the originals. In fact, I was one of the first vampires Klaus turned. Some things just didn't feel the same anymore, especially going to school for the hundredth time. It didn't help that all eyes were on us, and we needed to keep a low profile, either.

What makes living for all these years better is that I'm a trybrid. Witch, Werewolf, and vampire. I honestly don't even know how it's possible. My mother, who sadly died, was a witch turned vampire. So that obviously comes from her genes or something. Wolf was my dad, I've always had it inside me and then I got turned by Klaus. Well, of sorts. The story is a weird one to tell, as when I try thinking about how I came to be too hard, my whole body starts to ache.