Epilogue

When I was born, it was October and the trees just turned yellow and red and the leaves just began falling. That year was special, Mom told me that it was because I was born. That year, all the fairies in the kingdom and around the world come to visit me, the food, and the bad. The kingdom's people didn't know what exactly happened but they know that their next queen is born and is acknowledged by the fairies.

I was sent to a dark and tall tower at the age of three with a maid. It was a tradition for the next Queen to be isolated from the world at the age of three at the tower. There, I was taught many things, such as manners, history, music, dances, art, magic, and many more that I needed to know. I was never really bored in the tall tower because I have my maid there with me and my tutor. We would bake cakes, clean, and read together. It is very peaceful and quiet. Mom would occasionally visit me when I was young, to make sure that I was doing well and that I was not bullied. I didn't know why she is always so worried but I was always happy and excited to see her when she comes. She usually comes on my birthday every year and that is about the only time I have ever seen her.

Every year, the most exciting day of my life is always my birthday. That day, my mom would always visit me, and thousands of lanterns were released from the lake. It was a beautiful sight. I would stare at the lanterns for hours until they disappeared into the night sky by the window and the next day, my maid would found me asleep there.

While my maid was in charge of taking care of me, my tutor would visit me every day for my lessons to be the next queen. She taught me most of the things that I need to learn to be the next Queen. She is strict but gentle at the same time. She is like my grandmother to me. She would stay from after breakfast before dinner before leaving the tower and the next day repeats.

While I was never bored, I want to make friends. Every day, I would hear the laughter of the children my age playing with their friends. I never have a friend and I am envious of them. Since I was never supposed to be seen by the public, I made many little snow rabbits and snowmen to keep me company. They were alive, being blessed by the fairies that occasionally visited me. My maid and my tutor never know about the rabbits and the snowmen because they were always hidden. I want to tell them sometimes but there is always this voice inside my head that said to not tell them.

When I was eleven, I made a friend, I guess. It was a girl. She is very pretty with her short brown hair and sapphire blue eyes that seem to sparkle. She is wearing a simple red dress and red flats. I don't know how she comes up this high since there is no entrance that I know of and you will need magic to come up this high. Even my maid and my tutor have to climb up and down from the window with my very long hair every day to leave and come in. Yes, I have a very abnormal long hair that my maid told me to never cut off, which is strange. Her name is May and she is the Crown Princess of the Fire Kingdom, one of our allies. She said she is hiding away from her fiancé, Crown Prince Drew of the Grass Kingdom. I decided to hide her in my secret room where I kept all my rabbits and my snowmen. There we talked and played all day. We become instant friends with all the similarities we had with each other. May stayed for a few days before Prince Drew took her away. During the whole process, my maid and my tutor never know about her.

My life starts to change after I turned thirteen when I noticed something weird is going on around me. It may be that I never really noticed it before or it just happened but something weird is happening to my maid. She is acting very strange. I never know why but her eyes towards me slowly began to change and she slowly became impatient. I don't know what changed her but since then, I stopped telling her anything because I am afraid. I am very sensitive to changes and even though we have been close, it was never that close.

That year, I met my grandfather who I never met before, Louis. He is the former king of the kingdom and is the father of my mom. Although we never met before, we have a connection between us that it seemed as if we have met our entire life. I loved him. He always came during my break time. My tutor also seems to know him too so during breaks, my tutor would always leave us alone. He would tell me a lot about his journey in the Dark Kingdom and a prince. I always loved listening to his stories about the outside world and the prince. In his tone, I can tell that he is very proud of the prince and slowly, I began to fall in love with the prince he was talking about and wanted to meet him one day. My maid never knew about my grandfather's visits since she was never in the tower when the tutor came.