Episode 21: Fianceé of Big Brother

When the loyal family enters the room, everyone bows towards them as a show of respect before standing back up to welcome the royal family. Every member of the family is wearing the colors white and purple, showing that they are the royals in the kingdom. Mother and Father walked in the front together at the same pace. Their backs were straight and their heads high, showing their confidence and their elegance. Walking a few feet behind them is Reggie, escorting a lady in red. Reggie was wearing one of his custom outfits just for this occasion. His steps were gentle and he was walking at the same pace as the lady next to him. He has a very gentlemanly smile on his face, which shows his patience, but I can see that he is a bit annoyed.

The lady next to him wears a beautiful red dress that is shoulder less on one side. The dress was decorated with rubies and diamonds on the skirt and on the waist. On her neck, there is a black choker that goes along with her black gloves. She had delicate makeup on her face, which highlights her pink eyes. As she walks across the room with Reggie, her red shoes occasionally peek out from her dress, teasing the audience around her. All the men sneak peeks on the lady in red, shocked at her beauty while all the ladies in the room staring at the lady with envy and admiration. Based on the way she walks, it can be said that she is a noblewoman or of a higher class. She is also elegant but has this arrogance aura around her that shows her superiority. While the lady is beautiful, I believed that if I were to tell Drew about it, he would immediately decline it, stating that if May wears the same outfit, May would be a hundred times prettier than the lady. I am used to seeing girls like her so I am not surprised. Usually, girls like her don't like to associate with someone like me. It is quite interesting how much I can learn from someone based on the way they walk and their choice of dress.

Luciel, who was standing next to me, was eyeing the lady with playful, yet mischievous eyes. Meanwhile, Dawn on the other hand was staring at the lady with disinterest and scorn, while I had never seen her before since she was usually always smiling and happy. Her lips frowned while her arms were crossed in front of her.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you all for coming to this ball tonight. Tonight, it is not only to celebrate the victory of our kingdom and the bravery of our men but we have another big news. Tonight, I would like to announce that my son, Reggie, will be named the Crown Prince, the heir to the kingdom. We also would like to welcome Princess Veronica to our kingdom. She will be officially engaged with my son today," Father announced cheerfully, with Mother smiling at the crowd and at the couple and Reggie and Princess Veronica smiling at the people.

Everyone claps at the couple and comments on how great they looked at each other. Luciel and I were clapping along with the crowd as a show of respect while Dawn didn't move an inch. She just kept her arms folded and glaring at Princess Veronica.

"I would like to see how long that girl will pretend," Dawn muttered to herself.

"Then, let's start the ball!" Father announced at the same time. Dawn's voice was drained from the noise in the surroundings.

As the music starts playing, Father and Mother sit on their throne, looking at everyone in the room. The crowd made way for Reggie and Princess Veronica as they walked toward the dance floor and started their first dance. Everyone watched the two with admiration and envy as the two danced gracefully across the floor.

I was watching them, along with Luciel and Dawn in the middle of the crowd. I don't have a high appreciation for art and dances so their dance is really not all that amusing to me. When their dance is over, everyone claps, and the couple bows toward the audience before walking off of the dance floor. Everyone either went off with their own groups to talk for them and their partners start dancing on the dance floor. When the crowd dispersed, the three of us walked toward the balcony where not a lot of people were and away from the ears of others.

Luciel at the same time handed us drinks as we watched the crowd. "So that little boy is becoming the Crown Prince, hmm?" Luciel asked.

"It is not a surprise about it. We all know that he will become the crown prince sooner or later. It all depends on when," I replied. "Unless I fight for the throne and overthrow Reggie, I would not even be considered."

"Right now, you are a general in the army with your own supporters. If you want, you can put your name in the bucket list, Little Guardian," Luciel smiled.

"Stop talking trash, Luciel," I said. I glanced at him and then looked at the crowd. I watched as Reggie and Veronica walked around the room, meeting the other nobles.

"Okay. Okay. I understand," Luciel said. He then turned toward Dawn. "Why such a long and serious face? That is usually my little guardian's face. Where is your smile?"

Dawn looked at Luciel as if asking why he was asking such an obvious question and then took a sip of the juice in her cup. "That girl ruins my whole evening," Dawn replied, glaring at Veronica before looking away.

"What did she ever do to you? If I am correct, you two must have never met before," I said, interested.

"From what you know about me, there is a 99% chance that we never met, but that never met that I am not in the 1% where we do meet," Dawn replied vaguely.

"What do you not like about her?" Luciel asked, wanting to know more.

Dawn scoffed and looked at Luciel in his eyes. "Her whole being."