Episode 5: War

At the age of seventeen, I was called upon to the palace, escorted there with a dozen knights on horseback. Louis and Luciel were not surprised when Father's order had come. Instead, they were worried more than shocked. I was curious about what Father would want from me since it has been seven years since the last time he saw me and it has been seventeen years since he called me the name he gave me.

It took us half a day to get to the palace. Louis and Luciel were with me. When we got to the palace, it was already late at night, meaning most of the people in the palace were asleep. However, on that day, there were people still awake. A row of maids was waiting for us and it seemed like they hadn't slept yet. Instead of escorting us to the West Wing, where I lived for a decade of my life, they escorted us to the guest rooms in the East Wing. It was a change and I was really curious. I don't think that they would treat me this well if they don't want something from me.

I had never seen the East Wing before since I was always at the West Wing, the abandoned part of the palace. The East Wing is the exact opposite of the West Wing. Fancy lights and famous paintings were hanging on the hallway and antique vases. The floors were carpeted and it gives an impression of a fairyland. The rooms they showed me were about the size of a house of a poor family. There was an area for sleeping, an area for work, an area for tea, and an area for just relaxing. The room was very bright, with many lights, a couple of paintings, and a couple of antique decorations. Unlike the East Wing, the West Wing only has windows for light, the floor covered with a maroon-colored carpet, and no other decorations. The rooms were simple and about half the size. This makes me very self-conscious and exposed. I never liked places like this. It made me want to throw everything away.

The knights bid me goodbye before closing the door behind them. I can hear them talking outside the door and guarding it. After the training with Louis, no matter how soundproof a room is, I can still hear what is going on, especially at night. I know that I was alone in the room so I decided to just explore around and the first place I go to is the closet. It was a walk-in closet with rows and rows of male outfits for different occasions. I think they were prepared already for me because everything was my size and seemed new. I looked at the clothes with a headache. I was used to wearing simple clothes like a commoner so I don't feel comfortable wearing anything luxurious, like silk.

I just grab a random pair of sleepwear before I hear a commotion outside. It was a couple of maids, the guards, and Luciel. They were arguing about rooms and jobs. I didn't bother to listen to the conversation because the next second, Luciel opened the door and locked it behind him. I looked at him as he frowned and flopped down to a sofa.

"These people are outrageous! Who did they think they were? I am God! They should listen to me!" Luciel said angrily. I think it is about the commotion outside.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Well, they didn't allow me to enter your room! And these maids. One look at them and I know that they were up to no good. They should know that I am going to be by your side no matter what so what is the point to argue? Let me tell you, don't you ever trust anyone," Luciel said.

"I know. Even if anyone else comes in, I will kick them out. They need something from me now so they will try to impress me," I replied.

"It is good that you know. You are not stupid. Let me ask you, why would they need you now?" Luciel asked, looking at me with his auburn eyes. I frowned but didn't answer. Luciel just sighs before waving me away. "Go do your thing. Think about it and tell me when you finish."

I went to the bathroom and began to take a quick bath. The bathroom was very big and the bathtub seemed to be like a mini swimming pool. While I was taking the bath, my brain was working. Why would they need me now? What is happening? I remembered what the commoners were saying before the knights came. Something about the war and the ruling of Father. It must be something to do with it. However, they have Reggie, so why did they need me for?