Chapter 7

I park my beetle out at the front of my building. The wind is much colder and stronger now. I really hope that it doesn't rain.

I go in and towards the elevator and the moment i get in i blush in the memory of my make out session with Timothy earlier. I wonder why he wants me to call him Mr. Timothy or Sir Davis when everyone else seems to call him Tim.

I put the key in the lock of our apartment door i and i have to push the door hard because it's old and it sticks to the floor. My mother picks up the noice.

"You are back darling?" she shouts from the kitchen. No i am still coming... I roll my eyes.

"Yes i am home." i shout at her. I pass our small living room and i find no one there. "Where is dad?"

"Steven hurt his knee, they are at the doctor. He will be fine. Nothing major." well, that was not a surprise. The kid hurts himself everyday. Too clumsy!

"I am starving." i say and take a deep breath above the stove. "This smells good." i say and i close my eyes to take it all in.

"It's nothing. Just macaroni with tomato salsa. We had nothing else.." my mother says to me. Her eyes on the food, steering the salsa.

"Don't worry. I will get payed and we will have a proper meal."

"I look forward to it." she smiles.

I turn to get off my coat but she stops me.

"No!Don't it's too cold in here."

She is right. My brains got all high up because of the heat in the office..

I nod at her smiling and i leave for my room. I am exhausted. I put off my coat and get in my cold pjs. They are purple,set, with pink rabbits. What? I love baby rabbits. They are fluffy. Fluffy... Like the carpet in his office.. I blush and shake my head to get rid of the memory.

I go back in the kitchen, and i find my brother sitting in one of the four unmatched chairs. His knee tied up with a bandage.

"What are you doing?" i scold him. "Take care of your self!"

"Save yourself the lecture." he rolls his eyes. "Mum already did it for you."

"Yeah, and from one ear they got it, and from the other the exit." she says to him, her voice sharp. Steve giggles.

"What's for food?" he asks.

"Macaroni with tomato salsa." i answer him, pulling one chair to take my place.

"Again?" he sighs disgusted.

"Shut up and be thankful!"i shout at him.

'Okey okey enough you two." my dad says while coming from the living room. " I was out, trying to park the car. You got my spot Kat." he points out.

"Shit! Sorry!"

"How was your first day?" he asks and i lower my eyes blushing.

"It was fine."

"Just fine?" he pushes.

"I work with some... Very.... Interesting people. My boss is a male." i say playing nervously with my fingers. My brother notices.

"You like some one!" he shouts and i slap him in the back of his head. "Yes! Yes! You liiiiike someone!" he laughs.

"Is that true?" my mother asks, her eyes illuminating.

"Um..." i hesitate. "Yes." i finally say.

"Who!" she asks again.

"Yes who?" my dad asks too with his eyes full of worry.