#24 || Moments to keep

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Topeka, Kansas]

*Last day before the next destination – Midday*

-Taehyung's POV-

Today is the last day that we are in Kansas. Our next target will be Austin, Texas, and I would be more excited about it, but my punishment doesn't let me. Yesterday, I chose what I wanted as a punishment for my actions, and that was not visiting any city that we have left. Why? I don't know; I thought it was the right thing to do. Of course, I didn't tell Jimin about it because I know he would stay with me. So, I mentioned it to Jungkook and the rest of the members, and they were upset that I chose that for myself, but at the same time, they understood my reasons.

This morning the news came out, and they described the situation without involving anything related to my relationship with Jimin. The announcement itself didn't shock me; after all, they described the things my company and the officers could say about the case, but what took my breath away were the clips shown on TV. The media recorded Hyonu in the courtroom; I could see his mother crying on the background, and some of our mutual friends saying goodbye to him before going to prison. I was heartbroken, and it made me reassure that I'm the one to blame.

After that, I knew that social media would bombard us with lots of posts on the situation. I wasn't excited to hear them or read them, so I turned off my notifications for all apps and decided to ignore them. At this point, I don't want to feel worse with myself; after all, I have to stay calm for Jimin and my members.

Due to my punishment, I can't go out, so I asked the members to take Yeontan for a walk. He shouldn't suffer because of me, and I know he loves to go out. Also, I asked them to take pictures for me since I can't go out.

Right now, Hobi and Jungkook are inside the room. Both of them are ready to leave, and I could see everybody else outside the room while getting their stuff.

-Take care of him, please. – I said while giving the leash to Jungkook.

-Of course! Don't worry about him. – Jungkook smiled while petting Yeontan.

I looked behind Hobi and noticed that Jimin wasn't there.

-Hobi-hyung, isn't Jimin going with you? – I asked.

-No, he wanted to stay. According to him, he needed to sleep. – Hobi winked.

I sighed before looking at Jungkook. –I tried to convince him, but he didn't want to come. – He assured.

-Why is he like this? – I complained.

-He's worried, Tae. You should understand. – Hobi pointed out.