#21 || The only way

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Kansas, USA – 2019]

*An hour later*

-Taehyung's POV-

I didn't call for anyone to come after discovering what happened with Jimin, and instead, I decided to stay with him until he calmed down. To be honest, I think I stayed because I was trying to calm myself down; Jimin was fine just a bit confused, but nothing out of the ordinary. At first, he was scared because he couldn't breathe properly, but the effect of the water he drank was slowly disappearing. It was a close one, and I truly felt that I was about to lose my best friend. It was scary. After experiencing what happened, I put my thoughts away and decided to stay by Jimin's side; screw everything that I was overthinking, and I could care less for the apologies that we wanted to say. I just care about Jimin's safety now, and to keep Hyonu as far as possible from my people.

We've been inside the room together with the lights off. None of us had made any sort of move since I was feeling concerned about the whole situation. We had been on the bed; I'm holding Jimin between my arms, he was feeling comfortable while cuddling against me, but it took me some time to feel relaxed as well. After all, I was having a lot of thoughts going through my mind.

Currently, I'm playing with Jimin's bangs while he's trying to sleep. I wanted him to rest because tomorrow, we have the final rehearsal before the concert. Honestly, he deserves to take a rest after the things that he has been through. On my side, I couldn't sleep; I want to stay awake and protect him as much as my body can. After realizing what Hyonu is planning, I'm starting to see where this might be heading to; my doom.

I'm humming as quiet as possible the melody of "Winter Bear" while staring at Jimin. My hands are stroking his hair softly, and I can't pretend that this isn't something I missed. At last, our argument ended, and I'm glad we were able to put our differences aside.

-I'm not the only one who is supposed to sleep. Do you know? – Jimin sleepily questioned.

-Oh, did I wake you up? – I asked.

-No, I wasn't genuinely asleep. The truth is that I can't sleep. – Jimin said while rubbing is eyes gently.

-Are you worried? – I asked while caressing his hair.

He nodded. -I'm worried about you. – Jimin admitted.

-Me? – I said, confused.

-Yes. – He said before holding me.

Jimin placed his head on my chest while snuggling against me.

-After what you said, I know you won't let this slide. And it doesn't matter if I told you that I'm fine and that we should wait to see what the company does; I have clear that you won't let Hyonu get away from this. – Jimin disclosed.

I sighed before he looked up at me, then he leaned closer to me and kissed my lips gently. He was gentle, and the sweetness of his lips made me follow his lead, but briefly, he got away and worriedly stared at me.

-Someone has to stop him. – I murmured.

-Yes, but you can't put your career in jeopardy because of him. – Jimin stated. -Tae, this is very serious, and I don't want to see you involved in something worse. – He sincerely spoke.

I held his cheek before kissing his forehead. -I'm sorry, I can't just pretend that nothing happened. Baby, he has been drugging you; he has been playing with your life. – I said, upset.

Jimin teared up before hugging me tightly, and I instantly held him tighter as I hid my face against his shoulder.

-If you search for him and find him, I know you won't be able to contain yourself. – Jimin murmured.

-Yes, but it'll be worth it. – I assured. -Baby, what he did to you is wrong. He's twisted, and I need to put him in his place; he can't touch what is mine. - I stated.

Jimin got apart from me and chuckled in between tears. -Idiot. You are the one who's mine. – He said while stroking my hair.

I smiled as I felt my tears dropping from my eyes. Jimin immediately kissed them away, which made me softly chuckle.

-Be careful. I just ask you to do that. – Jimin said, concerned.

I nodded before kissing his head, then I started to embrace him as I could see his sleepy eyes slightly closing, and just by looking at him so tiredly, I decided to put some blankets on him and let him rest for tonight.

-Taehyung, thanks for staying. – Jimin smiled.

-I could never leave you. – I whispered.

Jimin's cheeks immediately turned red, making him hide his face against the blankets. I slightly laughed; I was finally feeling somehow relieved that we are okay after the troublesome time we had, but there is something left, and that's seeing Hyonu face to face again.

*Next day*

-Jimin's POV-

Everybody has been doing well in this last rehearsal before the concert. Tonight, we'll be having a great time, and even though there are a lot of things going on behind the stage, I feel that everything will gather together at the end. I'm positive about this situation; we had great support from our manager to take the case against Hyonu. The police are starting to investigate what happened, and this morning I had some blood exams to see if he was drugging me to have breathing issues gradually after every dose.

On the other side, the members know that Taehyung and I are back together. Yoongi respected that, Jungkook did as well, and everything was better once we cleared everything up. The time we've been together is more important than anything else, and so, we promised to keep staying together even if the days might be tough on us from time to time.

Right now, we are practicing the performance for the closure of the concert. We were running around, goofing between one another while singing "We are bulletproof: the eternal." The song is perfect for ending this concert since we are closer to end the tour in America. However, this song represents many moments the members and I shared throughout the years we've been together, and it hits directly to me. Maybe it is the poor sleep that I got or the situation that is going on around me, but by singing and listening to our song, it made me shed down in tears.

I kneeled while looking at the members; they are continuing singing and enjoying the song, and in the meanwhile, I'm trying to compose myself.

Luckily, I have my glasses on to cover some of this mess.

But it was just a few seconds before Taehyung saw me, and made him immediately come my way. I just smiled at him before he caressed the back of my neck while grinning back at me.

-Hey, you are okay. – Taehyung said while smiling at me.

I nodded while looking up, then I sighed. -Thank you. – I said while glancing at him.

Taehyung sighed before holding me against him.

-I told you to sleep more. – He teased.

-Shut up. – I softly chuckled before taking a deep breath.

I want to be okay, but I'm still worried about you. My soulmate, I just hope you don't make something crazy.