fifty eight - KOTLC

Fitz POV:

"You weaklings," Ro sighed, pushing the door to Jerboa's hut open with ease.

"Hey, it's not our fault the door's like, seven times bigger than us!" Fitz protested.

Ro shrugged, and proceeded examining the hut along with the other bodyguards. 

There was a strawberry-blond boy sitting on a palm-leaf bed with the SeaWings and Qibli, chatting gloomily with them. Some other small figures were on the ground writing something. At first, Fitz thought they were Marella and Maruca, but as he, Linh and Jensi got closer, he realized it was actually some other people. 

No, correction: humans.

Dex looked up as they approached. "Hey," he said without enthusiasm.

"Where are Marella and Maruca?" Linh looked around, as if they would suddenly pop up out of nowhere. 

"Neverseen. Where are Biana, Wylie and Tam?" Dex said, before he studies their faces and said, "Never mind. I don't think I want to know,"

"Neverseen?" Linh gasped. "You've got to be kidding me,"

"What is Lady Gisela's plan then? Get rid of everyone who's with Sophie?" Fitz rolled his eyes. 

"Maybe," Dex said sulkily.

"That's a big decrease in your group," said Vespera from her box. "Don't ask me what she's doing. This time I have no idea. Maybe it's part of her silly vision."

They ignored her. "Where are all the dragons? There are less here than when we left," Linh noted.

"Battle. In that other continent. Pants, was it? I forgot," Dex mumbled.

"Pantala," said one of the dragons helpfully.

"That's a big difference," Fitz said. "Pants. Pantala. Pants. Pantala—"

"Found them!" Dex suddenly jumped to his feet. 

"Who?" Jensi asked, tearing his eyes away from Qibli, who was snoring softly.

"Marella and Maruca! Wait, that's Biana, Tam and Wylie! They did it! It's working!" Dex cried.

"What?" Jensi said, looking slightly startled.

"I gave Marella and Maruca some fake-crystal trackers. They can also speak into them. I said to give some to the others. And I think, there was enough for most of the . . . why are there so many people?" he frowned, staring at his screen.

"Um . . ." Linh hesitated. "About that. Well, the Neverseen literally recruited one prodigy per ability at Foxfire. Maybe it's them,"

Dex groaned. "Seriously?"

They nodded. Dex went back to his screen, zooming out on a map of the world. "Looks like they're in the Forbidden Cities." he said.

"Right! Glimmer used a blue crystal when she took Sophie! Maybe they're together?" Linh said.

"Maybe. But Sophie isn't showing here. Neither is Keefe."

"Keefe should be with her. Sophie told me the Neverseen want her to bring Keefe back," Fitz said, recalling his last conversation with her. No matter how hard he tried, Sophie wouldn't answer anymore. He could only hope she was okay.

"Lady Gisela told me she served her purpose already," Dex shuddered.

"That's not good," said Sandor. "Where is that hideout? We need to go get everyone back,"

"Not now," said Ro, sauntering over. "We have lost a lot of people to them, and besides, Techy Boy over there didn't even say he has an accurate location."