seven - KOTLC

Sophie's POV:

"Alright, so if it is Jupiter that is coming towards us, then it will hit . . . the side where the Americas are. Oh," Sophie said. "Wow. That's a really big continent. We need everyone on that side of the world to evacuate. Who can do that?"

Right. She can. She would teleport all the humans to . . . Asia, Europe, Australia, and Africa. Really? How did that work? Was there even that much space for so many people to suddenly appear? And how would they convince the humans? They couldn't subtly tell everyone to get on an airplane and travel to teh other side of the world. They would have to reveal themselves and their abilities (or at least, Sophie's teleporting). Besides, this job would take days and days and days. 

"We need to do so now." Sophie added. "Or the humans and elves—wait, are there elves there?"

"There are elvin properties everywhere, Sophie. You know, Havenfield is on that side too. We would have to leave, technically speaking. But maybe a Psionipath can make us a forcefield, and some for everyone else. After all, I think the goblin capital is on this side of the world. And Mysterium. We can't let huge cities get destroyed anyhow. We'll have to tell the Council this too, of course," Grady added.

"I'll send an e-mail to the leaders of all the countries." Sophie said. "But who are they to believe a fifteen-year-old girl?" she sighed. "Oh well. They'll have to listen the moment they look into the sky."

A moment later, Grady walked back into the room and took Sophie's hand. Edaline took her other, and her bodyguards finished the chain. "The Council is sending all their Emissaries and Regents to evacuate the cities along with us. They'll be light-leaping, but we'll be teleporting. There are a lot of human countries in those Afstralila and Aufrica that are accepting refugees."

"Australia and Africa," Sophie corrected. Grady shrugged. 

The rest of that day—a good six or seven hours—they spent every second convincing people to go with them and not freak out because they were levitating, then not freak out some more because they were teleporting. And what was worse was there weren't enough Washers to wipe their memories. So they would probably have to let them remember that elves are a thing—wow! Presents for everyone!—until this is all over.

If this all ends.

It was midnight when Sophie and her parents (and bodyguards) returned home. Exhausted, tired, and overwhelmed, they all just about collapsed into bed. So Sophie was surprised when her Imparter rang. Wasn't everyone else asleep right now?

Amy's green yes shone with worry and panic in the dark place she'd secluded herself in to call Sophie. "What was that all about?" she asked. "Why are we getting moved to France? I don't speak French!" was what she said to Sophie first without a proper greeting. 

Sophie sighed. "Well, have you seen the sky? I'm sure that a planet crashing into us—and one as big as Jupiter—deserves evacuating. I hope it won't be for too long. I'll check on you soon? I kind of have to sleep. I've been helping people evacuate all day. But I'm so glad you're safe. How are Mom and Dad?"

"They're fine, too. A bit confused. I think only I knew they were elves."

"What?" Sophie laughed. "What did they think we were?"

Amy shrugged. "I hear people calling them 'magicians' and 'wizards'. 'This is all a dream,'" she said, making her voice haughty. "'None of this is real.'"

"Uh huh," said Sophie. "That will be so true when they wake up tomorrow," 

"Yeah," Amy sighed, "but what about you? Aren't you elves scrambling too?"

"Well, Grady said we would probably put up forcefields—at least over our bigger cities. I think we'll still evacuate, since we don't know if the forcefields will hold. So . . . yeah. But there are more humans, and you guys will be in more danger. We'll be fine," she insisted when Amy's brow puckered.

"Well, still. Can you call me when you guys have something planned? I won't stop worrying until you do. And Mom and Dad will sense the worry. They always somehow do," she and Sophie shared an annoyed look. 

"Right, well, just remember to stay low. Maybe inside a building when the planet gets closer. Or in a basement or something. Explosions can be big," she said when Amy frowned. The brunette laughed. "Right. Nerdy Sophie showing through," she teased. 

"Good night," Sophie said when Amy had stopped laughing and she had stopped glaring. 

"Hmm? It's like, afternoon here. Anyways, good afternoon."

"Good night." Sophie retorted, and clicked the Imparter off.