eighty two - Wings of Fire

Leaf POV:

"There she is! Wave her over," said Violet, snapping Leaf out of his daze. Across the small café, Leaf spotted Amy's brown curls making their way across to their table. Leaf waved, although it was clear she'd already spotted them. 

"Hey guys!" she said in a forced enthusiastic voice. No one paid them any attention, but they still had to be careful. In fact, they were so careful each of them were wearing some of those elvin elixir disguise things that Dex had sent them not too long ago. Leaf had blond hair and ice blue eyes, so if they did find Keefe, maybe the Neverseen would accidentally kidnap him first.

Not that Leaf had wanted to agree to that plan. 

"Hi!" Violet mimicked Amy's cheerful voice. Wren groaned softly form beside Leaf. He could tell she thought their acting skills needed work. And honestly, Leaf had to agree.

"So, where do you think we should go today?" asked Daffodil.

"Well . . ." Amy dragged out the word as she took the last remaining seat at their table, just in front of Leaf. "I was thinking the museum where Sabrina first met, uh, Ferdinand."

Ferdinand. Leaf bit back a smile.

"Okay," Violet frowned, as if trying to guess who Ferdinand might be. "Where's that?"

"Across town," Amy replied. "We could take the bus, I guess,"

"Sure," Leaf agreed, although he had no idea what a bus was. Amy hurried to gather her school stuff, and Leaf and his group retrieved their own backpacks as well. Better look like some kids coming back from school then a some kids searching for a lost boy. 

A good hour later, ("There's always traffic now," Amy had told them as the bus inched across the city) they stumbled off the bus on their half-asleep legs. Leaf nearly fell into a trash can, and Wren ran into a blond-haired man that frowned at them suspiciously. Leaf felt like he had seen him somewhere before, but he just couldn't—

"Hurry UP!" Wren shouted from the top of the stairs, where everyone else was purchasing tickets to enter. Leaf hurried over, forgetting about the man. The five of them scrambled into the museum, hoping to search it before the closing. 

"Okay, should we split up?" asked Amy once inside. The museum was pretty big, and it would be hard to find Keefe when they didn't know what disguises he had on, other than (most likely) brown eyes.

"No," Violet said. "I saw that blond man outside, Leaf. Who was that?" 

"I don't know," he admitted. "But I think I saw him before."

Violet's frown deepened. 

Wren sighed. "I think he had blue eyes."

"And?" asked Daffodil, confused. 

"He could be an elf," said Amy. "But we can't be sure. And this museum closes in half an hour. We have to hurry."

"Let's start with this exhibit," Leaf suggested. "A . . . what is that?"

"A lambeo-what?" Amy frowned at the plaque. "Oh well. Soph—Sabrina would have been better at this than me. She's the smart one."

Next to them, a boy's head shot up, but he tried to hide his surprise. The five of them pretended not to see him as he hurried off to another dinosaur. But Leaf tracked him with his eyes. The boy had black hair, tortoiseshell glasses, and . . . Leaf squinted. Was it really brown eyes?

"Is that who I think it is?" Wren hissed. 

"It can't be this easy," Violet said as she watched Keefe head to the second floor.