Scene 33

FADE TO:

INT. PARIS' HOUSE 33

Paris, Cal and Eddie are turning Paris' mum's room into a studio. Paris carries in an electric guitar, Cal carries and bass and Eddie lies on the sofa.

CAL
Don't wear yourself out to much, Eddie.

EDDIE
I'll try not to, Cal, don't worry.

CAL
Have you moved a single thing yet?

EDDIE
Hey, I brought that keyboard in.

PARIS
That was four hours ago. Get up off your arse or I won't let you play with the drums.

EDDIE
(sarcastically)
Oh no please Paris, don't do that to me.

PARIS
I'm afraid that's how it's going to have to be. Nothing in this life is free.

EDDIE
Alright Mum. Shit sorry, I didn't mean it like that...

PARIS
(laughing)
Don't worry about it, Eddie. It's been three months now, I think I've just about got over it by now.

EDDIE
If you do ever need to talk about anything, just remember we're here for you, yeah?

PARIS
I know you guys are always here for me. You were there even when I turned into a total prick in New York. After that I know you'll be there for anything.

CAL
Yeah to be honest I have no idea why we were still your friends after that. You literally wouldn't speak to us for months on end.

PARIS
I can only apologise for that. I promise it will never happen again. Blame it on Prisha, I'd say.

EDDIE
I bet you're glad you never have to see her again. Sloane's a much better match for you.

CAL
How are you two doing these days?

PARIS
Like a dream. The way she supported me through all the shit with Mum was incredible. Prisha probably would have just shagged my uncle or something. It's our three month anniversary next week and I've got a big surprise for her.

EDDIE
Don't tell me it's another spa trip. You know how well that went last time.

PARIS
I promise you I'm not going to make her pick a shit out of the bidet like I did to Prisha.

CAL
What is the surprise then?

PARIS
Ah that's a secret. You'll find out soon enough.

CAL
It better be good after all this hype.

PARIS
Oh trust me it is.

CAL
You are cool with turning your mum's room into studio, right?

PARIS
One hundred per cent. We've put most of the important stuff in the lounge. There's no point in having a whole room in shrine to her. Might as well turn it into a studio, eh?

EDDIE
True. Do you reckon you're gonna try and get signed to a label over here?

PARIS
No chance I'm ever going through that again. I'm only gonna do music as a hobby from now on. I kind of lost my love for it when I had to do it. I was thinking about becoming a carer in a home somewhere, actually.