Scene 1

FADE IN:

INT. SECONDARY SCHOOL CLASSROOM                                                                                                            1

PARIS, an 18-year-old smartly dressed suburban London schoolboy, CAL, a scruffy, lanky 18-year-old schoolboy and EDDIE, a chubby 18-year-old schoolboy, are sat at the back of a classroom in Walton-on-Thames. They've just finished school for good. Cal begins to rip off his tie, while Eddie cuts his up with a pair of scissors. TEACHER, a grumpy middle-aged man, sits at his desk at the front of the classroom.

CAL
I literally can't fucking wait to leave this shithole.

EDDIE
We're finally free and can do whatever the fuck we want with our lives now.

PARIS
It is kind of scary in a way though, right? We're just on our own now with no support whatsoever.

Cal rips the chest pocket from his shirt. Eddie starts cutting into the curtains behind him.

CAL
I don't know why your worrying, Paris. You're set. You'll get decent grades and be able to go off to uni.

EDDIE
Yeah it's people like me and Cal that should be worrying. But we're not. Because we're getting out of this place forever and that's enough.

TEACHER
(angrily)
Lads, all I'm asking for is five more minutes of your attention. And Eddie, could you stop chopping up school property. I really don't want to ever have to look at you again so don't force me to report you to the Head.

Eddie holds his hands up in protest.

EDDIE
I was just trying to make it a bit more vibrant in here before I left, Sir.

TEACHER
No offence Eddie but I'd rather hire Stevie Wonder as an interior designer than you. Now, one last word from me and then you're free to go. However much I dislike some of you, I just want you all to know that I wish you all the best for the future and hope that you achieve whatever you want to in life.

Cal swings back on his chair.

CAL
Bit wet that, Sir. We're not in a fucking musical.

TEACHER
(muttering to himself)
Right inspirational speech, check.

Teacher waits for the bell to ring.

TEACHER
Now piss off.

The class cheer and charge out of the classroom. The teacher falls back into his chair and punches the air in glee.

EXT. SECONDARY SCHOOL DRIVEWAY

PARIS, CAL and Eddie walk down the school driveway with the rest of the school.

EDDIE
Thank fuck for that. What are you lads going to do with the summer?

CAL
Driving round and getting bitches.

PARIS
Which translates to sitting in your room playing Fortnite and wanking, I presume?

CAL
Fuck off. I'm not even gonna ask what you're doing, Paris.

Eddie raises his hand eagerly.

EDDIE
Oh let me have a guess please. Are you going to become a world-famous popstar by any chance?

Paris sticks two fingers up to Eddie.

PARIS
You may laugh but just wait. I've got nearly five hundred followers on Soundcloud now. And I've played quite a few gigs in London. Give me a couple more months and I'll have a legitimate small fan base.

CAL
And we'll be able to say we were the first two members of the Parisians. I'm guessing that's what you're going to call your fans?

EDDIE
Or the Napoleons.

CAL
What are you on about?

EDDIE
Because he was from Paris.

CAL
He was from fucking Corsica, you dipshit. Plus it's a shit name anyway.

PARIS
Let's not get dragged down with all that lads. All I know is that in the end I'll have an army of Parisians chanting my name wherever I go.

EDDIE
And I'm guessing they'll all be jacking themselves off just at the sight of you too.

Paris walks a few step in front and turns around to face Cal and Eddie, who both look at each other bemusedly.

PARIS
(singing to 'Kingdom Come by Jon Bellion)
Yes I came up with my people and they love what I've become
As our enemies retreat, watch them run
I'm the story line of Simba as we watch the rising sun
Living prophecy is me, Kingdom Come

CAL
I'm starting to think you are fucking Napoleon now, Paris.

PARIS
(singing to 'Kingdom Come by Jon Bellion)
On the balcony
With a light skin queen by my side
Rides like Valkyrie
Let the future fall in place while we are young
Young, young, young, young, young, young, young
I said to my queen we've just begun
-Gun, -gun, -gun, -gun, -gun, Kingdom Come

Demons seem so small
There the same one's that I've fought in all my nightmares
And conquered in my dreams, we have won
As I watched them fall I begin to realize my only enemy is me
Kingdom Come, Kingdom Come

EDDIE
Paris, you've just finished sixth form. You're not the head of the Corsican army mate.

Cal shakes his head in disbelief at Eddie.

PARIS
(singing to 'Kingdom Come by Jon Bellion)
I heard melodies from angels, so I played them, I'm the one
Now my heroes asking me where I'm from
I'm the story line of Simba as we watch the rising sun
Living prophecy is me, Kingdom Come

On the balcony
With a light skin queen by my side
Rides like Valkyrie
Let the future fall in place while we are young
Young, young, young, young, young, young, young
I said to my queen we've just begun
-Gun, -gun, -gun, -gun, -gun, Kingdom Come

Demons seem so small
There the same one's that I've fought in all my nightmares
And conquered in my dreams, we have won
As I watched them fall I begin to realize my only enemy is me
Kingdom Come, Kingdom Come

CAL
Well thank fuck that's over. How are you planning to become this big-name star then?

PARIS
Pretty easily. At some point I'll move to New York, then get signed by a major record label.

EDDIE
(laughing)
Fuck off is it that easy. I guarantee that 99 per cent of the people who try to get signed never do. What'll make you so different from the rest?

PARIS
(shrugging)
I just know my music's good enough, Eddie. I don't know how to describe it but there's something telling me it'll all work out for me there.

CAL
You do you, Paris. But just remember that we'll be your mates no matter if you succeed or not. Now are you coming down to the river on Saturday for the end of exams piss-up?

PARIS
Wouldn't miss it for the world. By the way, Eddie, are you still alright to give me and Sloane a lift to the cinema tonight?

CAL
Yeah sure, that's fine. I've got work at eight so I'll take you on the way. I can't believe you still don't know how to drive.

PARIS
Cheers mate. No one drives in New York so what would be the point of learning if I'll never need to?

CAL
(rolling his eyes)
Fair point, Paris.