Scene 16

CUT TO:

INT. PINK SQUIRREL RECORDS - STUDIO 16

Paris is stalking round the studio anxiously while Caleb sits back in a chair and watches.

PARIS
I've just got too much to fucking do, Caleb. I've got four different songs on the go with four different artists and they all need to be finished in the next two weeks. How the fuck am I supposed to do all that?

CALEB
Paris, chill the fuck out. I was in the exact same position as you two months into my job here but I got through it. You just learn to cope with the pressure. Things always work out alright in the end. Look at me now. I've got double the amount of work you've got but do you see me stressing?

PARIS
You're used to all of this though. I'll let you into a little secret, I have no fucking clue what I'm doing. I've literally wormed my way in here with no experience whatsoever.

CALEB
So has every person in this label, Paris. You learn on the job, that's the point. Just calm yourself down and start grinding away. You'll be done in no time.

PARIS
I'll try my best but I highly doubt it's going to turn out well. I'm literally at breaking point.

CALEB
Trust me Paris, you'll be fine. Right, go home and take some well-earned rest.

PARIS
Rest? Tony told me I should be in this studio night and day. I can't take rest.

CALEB
Yes you can. Get out of here before I have to dropkick you the fuck out. I'll clear up. Spend some time with Prisha.

PARIS
Fuck. I promised Prisha I'd cook her dinner tonight. She's going to be fuming.

CALEB
Chill. It's only eight, Paris. Run back now and pick some stuff up on the way. I'm sure she'll be understanding.

PARIS
I fucking well hope so.

Paris rushes out the office and starts jogging back home. He goes to the supermarket and picks up a few eggs and vegetables on the way.

PRISHA'S APARTMENT

Paris arrives back at his apartment to find Prisha sitting on her phone at the dining table.

PRISHA
(not looking up from her phone)
Nice of you to join me, Paris.

PARIS
Prisha, I'm so sorry. I got caught up at the studio. I've bought some food so I'll still make you dinner, don't worry.

PRISHA
Forget about it Paris. I've ordered something in now.

PARIS
Oh come on, Prisha. A month ago you were telling me how no one ever stops working in New York.

PRISHA
They do if they've promised to cook dinner for their girlfriend.

PARIS
I was going to! It would just have been a bit later than usual, that's all.

PRISHA
It just doesn't seem like you're taking the relationship seriously, Paris. Are you just using me as somewhere to live?

PARIS
What the fuck? How can you accuse me of something like that? I love you, Prisha. That's why I'm living here. I'm earning enough to be able to get my own place if I wanted to.

PRISHA
Then why don't you?

PARIS
Are you asking me to move out?