Scene 28

FADE TO:

INT. PARIS' HOUSE 28

Paris helps his mum up the stairs and into bed.

PARIS
Right, there you go Mum. Time for you to go to sleep now. Have a good night.

MUM
Thank you, Paris. See you in the morning.

Paris sighs as he walks out of the room and into the lounge. Rachel sits on the sofa on her phone.

RACHEL
Long day?

PARIS
I never realised being a carer could be this much hard work. I thought I'd just be sitting around all day watching day-time TV.

RACHEL
It's only been three months, Paris. You've got years of this to look forward to yet!

PARIS
Can I back track and we hire an actual carer?

RACHEL
No chance! You've promised to now. It's your responsibility.

PARIS
Fuck sake. Why on earth did I agree to this?

RACHEL
I've got something that might cheer you up actually.

PARIS
(interestedly)
Go on.

RACHEL
Well, I was feeling in a good mood earlier and texted Sloane. I told her that you were back in England and seemed to have turned back into old Paris again. So basically I've organised for you to meet her tomorrow afternoon.

PARIS
Really? Wow, thanks so much Rachel. What about Mum though?

RACHEL
Auntie Jane said she'd come over and keep an eye on her.

PARIS
I actually can't thank you enough for this. Please tell me now if this is some kind of prank.

RACHEL
I really do wish it was but unfortunately it's not.

Rachel holds up her phone to show Paris the texts.

PARIS
Fuck, I need to get an outfit sorted for tomorrow. Where am I meeting her?

RACHEL
In the park across town from where she works. She'll be on her lunch break so it won't be a very long date.

PARIS
It's better than nothing I suppose. Right, I'm going to get an early night. See you.

RACHEL
Night.

Paris saunters out of the lounge with a smile on his face.