Scene 15

CUT TO:

INT. PINK SQUIRREL RECORDS - OFFICE 15

Paris is sat an meeting with Tony.

TONY
Look, Paris. I know you've done a decent job on the Lil Guava album but we need more from you. One mediocre album isn't enough. I want you in this place night and day. I want you to churn out music like there's no tomorrow. If you want to make it here, you're going to have to put in the extra hours otherwise we're letting you go.

PARIS
I see where you're coming from Tony, but I've been putting as much as I can into this job, believe me.

TONY
Then why have I seen photos of you out with Caleb from Friday night when you could have been in the studio?

PARIS
Oh come on Tony. We were just celebrating finishing Lil Guava's album.

TONY
The best producers won't celebrate until they've made it right to the top, Paris. Do you want to be a top producer?

PARIS
Well yes, obviously.

TONY
Good, well get to fucking work then.

Tony paces out of the room, leaving Paris sitting with a confused expression on his face.

CUT TO:

PRISHA'S APARTMENT

Paris and Prisha are baking cakes in the kitchen.

PARIS
And he wants me to work as much as possible without any time off. What kind of sadist is he?

PRISHA
That's work in New York City, I'm afraid Paris. The city never sleeps and neither can you.

PARIS
It just doesn't seem right though. What's the point in becoming a top producer if you can't enjoy it?

PRISHA
You can enjoy it once you get there, I guess. Look at me, I work sixty or seventy hour weeks but I know in ten years' time, I'll be a partner and get to sit on my ass doing jack shit all day. Just give it a go, yeah?

PARIS
You sound just like Tony. But, yeah okay fine, I'll try my best.

PRISHA
Good. Now what film do you want to watch?

PARIS
Toy Story 3?

PRISHA
That'll be like the fifth time we've watched it.

Paris shrugs.

PARIS
It's a great film, come on. Who doesn't love a cry when Andy lets all his toys go?

PRISHA
Uhh, fine but it's going to ruin my mascara.

Prisha picks up the remote and puts on the film. Paris and her snuggle up together.