Scene 12

CUT TO:

EXT. STREETS OF NEW YORK 12

Paris video calls Eddie and Cal while walking through New York.

PARIS
Guys, I've got good news and bad news.

CAL
Good news first.

PARIS
The good news is they offered me a one-year contract at the label.

EDDIE
That's class, mate. Congrats.

CAL
What the fuck. Now I owe Eddie a tenner.

PARIS
You had bets on me getting a deal?

CAL
Joking, Paris. What's the bad news anyway?

PARIS
Right, so I may have broken up with Sloane.

CAL
Sorry what?

EDDIE
Why the fuck would you do that?

PARIS
There's something I haven't told you guys. The night I got given the trial with the label Prisha invited me round for dinner to celebrate.

CAL
Please tell me you didn't sleep with her Paris?

There is a telling silence.

CAL
Oh for fuck sake. Why did you do that?

PARIS
I don't know, I really don't. As soon as I woke up the next morning I realised I'd made a mistake.

EDDIE
I fucking told you there was something more with Prisha!

CAL
If it was a mistake why have you broken up with Sloane?

PARIS
It's a long story but Caleb, the producer I'm working with at the label, persuaded me to do the opposite of whatever my gut told me. Then I accidentally sent her a text telling her it was over.

CAL
What kind of bullshit excuse is that? Who the fuck goes against their gut?

PARIS
That's what I said to him but he seemed so sure.

EDDIE
Don't turn into a dickhead out there mate. Because this is the kind of thing you do when your ego's got a bit too big.

PARIS
Trust me this is a one-off. I won't ever do anything like this again.

CAL
So I'm guessing you're going to get together with Prisha then?

PARIS
I don't know. I haven't spoke to her since I ran out of her apartment last week. I just need some time to think.

CAL
That's probably for the best I'd say. Remember you can always come home if it gets too much.

PARIS
I'm not passing up on this contract. It's literally a once in a lifetime opportunity.

EDDIE
We know that Paris but don't turn into someone you're not.

PARIS
I won't, I promise. Right, I better be off guys. Thanks for listening.

CAL
See you later, mate.

EDDIE
Bye.

Paris hangs up and puts his head in his hands. He takes a deep breathe and starts walking again. His phone pings and it's a text from Prisha asking to smooth things over. Paris hovers his fingers over his phone before texting back that he'll come over to hers in half an hour.

Jon Bellion: The Musicalजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें