Scene 13

CUT TO:

INT. PINK SQUIRREL RECORDS - STUDIO 13

Paris walks into the studio and fist bumps Caleb.

CALEB
Welcome back, man. Pressure's on now, you're actually getting paid to do this now.

PARIS
Scary shit, right? I'm even gonna have to find a place to rent now.

CALEB
You still living in that shitty hotel? Get a crib ASAP, you can't become a world-famous producer staying there.

PARIS
I've looked at a couple of places online. I'll have a look around this weekend and see if they're in budget.

CALEB
You do you, man. Now let's get to work. We've got a huge few weeks ahead.

A montage of Caleb and Paris making music for Lil Guava mixed in with Paris visiting places in New York with Prisha, all of which turn out to be grim.

Caleb, Paris and Lil Guava are chilling in the studio.

CALEB
Man we are going off at the moment. That song you've been working on could be the lead single, you know, Paris.

PARIS
What? Are you serious?

LL GUAVA
For sure, Paris. That shit is fire. Imagine that record blasting all over the radio.

PARIS
Fuck me. If you'd told me a month ago that a song I'd made would be on the radio, I'd have told you to piss off.

CALEB
You deserve it, man. How are you and Prisha going anyway?

PARIS
Really well, actually. I literally spend every second either in this studio or with her.

LIL GUAVA
You might as well move in with her at this point.

CALEB
Yeah what happened to your apartment hunting anyway?

PARIS
Okay I'll admit it. I'm kind of banking on her asking me to move in. I don't want to bring it up though.

CALEB
You've gotta make a big gesture, Paris. Let her know you're committed. Write her a song or something, she'll love that.

PARIS
I sing to her all the while already though.

LIL GUAVA
Make it special then. Make it the most beautiful love song she's ever going to hear.

PARIS
Okay, yeah I'll do that.

CALEB
Dope. And hopefully afterwards you'll have a nice big apartment to move in to. Not that it's just about that, obviously.

Paris winks.

PARIS
Obviously. Only 50 per cent at most.

CUT TO:

PRISHA'S APARTMENT

Paris and Prisha are sitting on the sofa in Prisha's apartment.

PRISHA
Do you know, it's been six weeks since we first met.

PARIS
Ah that fateful day in an upmarket New York bar I can no longer remember the name of. It must have been special.

PRISHA
No, I really can't remember the name either. You must have been so memorable I forgot about everything else that night.