Ep. 1: Searching Hearts

It's been 3 months since Starlight closed and the public seemed to have forgotten about most of what happened. All they remember is the park closing for a reason no one has heard.

Those who do remember however, never speak of what happened.

Aphmau and Travis were still being questioned by the Guardian Forces, which showed that the more they were questioned, the more it was proved that they knew about as much as anyone else would.

Because they were very oblivious to the magic surrounding their past and were very new to the magic that surrounded them not too long ago, they knew just about as much as anyone.

Aphmau and Travis stuck together more than ever during that time. After what they've been through, they had no one else who could be there for them. All they could do was look out for each other and be there for support.

It was clear that what happened at Starlight would forever mark them.

Travis kept his promise that he wouldn't allow anyone else to be hurt. Whenever he saw a sunrise or a sunset, he would be reminded of his promise to Terry. Despite everything, he still missed him deeply. Even though his father kept so much from him, at the end of the day, he was still his father. Travis was still his goofy fun-loving self at his core, yet he was more protective of his friends.

Especially Katlyn.

Travis would think about Katlyn every night. It was either out of fondness or out of fear. He would remember the fun times he would have with her and how he felt for her, but he also worried if she would ever look at him the same way again.

He knew that he tried his best to fight it, but he was still the one who Michael was controlling. He couldn't help but feel guilt for what happened, as if it was his fault.

Aphmau has reassured him dozens of times whenever he openly spoke about his worries, but it wasn't the same as hearing it from the source.

Travis also knew that Aphmau had worries of the ones she loved too, one person in particullar.

Aaron.

Late at night, Aphmau would hold his hoodie while she stared out her window. He'd given up so much to help her when he became a relic to fight Michael. But at what cost?

Aphmau didn't know what would happen to him, and she would constantly worry about whether or not Aaron would get his memories back.

From what she saw from him, he seemed to have forgotten everything about his life. He didn't even seem to remember Melissa.

Aphmau tried to hold on to what little hope she had that his memories would return. When she woke up with him at the beach, she vaguely remembered him recognizing her voice. But he still didn't remember her.

She didn't know what was worse; seeing Aaron dead, beaten, blind, or knowing that he doesn't remember her or anyone.

"Aph?"

Aphmau turned to the doorway in her room. Travis was standing with a concerned look on his face.

He walked over to her and sat near her on the bed.

"Thinking about Aaron?" he asked.

"Yeah." Aphmau said.

"I just don't know what's going to happen to him. You should've seen him, Travis. He was burned and blind, and he seemed so broken. I've never seen him so helpless. He didn't even remember me. What if he never remembers me Travis?"

Aphmau clutched Aaron's hoodie close to her chest as she felt tears well up in her eyes.

Travis didn't know what to say. While he could sympathize with the thought of not knowing what will happen with someone you loved, he didn't know what to say when it came to Aaron's memories.

All Travis could do at the moment was reassure her and comfort her in any way he can.

"I can't say for sure, Aph." he said as he put a hand on her shoulder. "But I know that you and Aaron will be ok in the end. I don't know how, but you will be. Trust me."

She was too emotionally exhausted to try and talk herself down, so she simply silently cried and held on to what she was told.

Despite what she thought, she knew they'd be ok.

Someday.

Hey, gang! Sorry that this chapter seems pretty short, but it's all I could think about at the moment. I'll come up with more as soon as I can and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. See you next time! ❤