- home -

「fluff/angst」

idk you should listen to 'your eyes tell' for a sad vibe lol

he felt like a stranger who knew you for years, yet he was a stranger who ended up knowing you for years. he might've been just your friend, but he knew you better than most people. he knew your deepest and darkest secrets, your darkest times in which he still stood by you. he had not once dared to glance at another woman other than you.

he was the one who held you when some jerk broke your heart multiple times. he was the one who built you back up to the top of the world when you crumbled down to the ground. he's liked you for a long time, whereas you haven't realized your feelings and continue to go after a man who isn't even worth your time. he might have not confessed, but that's because he'd only assume to be rejected, and even if you didn't reciprocate his feelings, he didn't want to lose the friendship you have just because of his feelings.

strangely, you were expecting for him to run by your side. turns out the man you wanted isn't the one who you thought it to be. in fact, the man you've fallen for was right in front of you this whole time, yet you failed to open your eyes and see right through him. now it felt impossible for you to take him and claim him to be yours.

you guys had an argument which led for you guys to be apart for the meantime. you only talked about the guy you wanted, not knowing how much it hurt him to watch you talk so fondly over a man who could only break this fragile and precious heart of yours. he confessed that he disagreed with you trying to pursue this man, in which you felt like he didn't support you one bit. you thought he was being ridiculous and one thing after another, you guys said some things that might've hurt one another.

you should've realized that he was only looking after you, trying to protect you. he hated seeing the one girl he really loved, hurting and end up going to him for comfort. watching the one person leave your side felt like a real heartbreak even if you never dated him. it was as if someone stabbed straight to your heart a thousand times, leaving you there to suffer alone.

all it took was for him to leave your side in order for you to realize that you loved him. that you love him and he was the one that you never wanted to let go. you understood why he didn't want you going after someone else, especially when you knew that the person you 'wanted' would hurt you a million times over and over again.

strolling down the beach where you both would go to every time to seek comfort, you missed him. you wished he was there to hold your hand. staring foolishly at the ocean waves coming towards the shore, you wished for him to appear right in front of you at this moment. once you faced away from the ocean, your eyes met his even if he was far from you.

relief took over you and you smiled as you ran towards him, the one who'd always heal your broken heart. you just wanted to be in his arms at this moment. he smiled at the sight of you running towards him. at this moment, he felt like he was wanted, loved, for the first time in forever. as you had gotten closer to him, he opened his arms for you.

as you finally reached your destination, you hugged him tightly as if he could slip away any moment. you took a deep breath, steadying your heartbeat.

"i love you. you're the one who i've been searching for this whole time and i was too blind to see that the perfect man had been in front of me this whole time. i love you, jeon jungkook and i'm sorry that i failed to see you," you confessed while still being in his arms.

"i've always loved you. i never stopped loving you and seeing you go back to the man who hurt you before, hurt me. i just wanted to see you happy and i never wanted to see some jerk break your heart again. i love you so much that i'd rather watch you be happy than give you up and find another. you mean so much to me y/n and i hope you know that," he finally confessed.

you pulled away from the hug to see his face. you leaned in closer, lips almost touching his. he leaned in and at last, your lips met. you could feel the whole world watching you, but right now, it didn't matter to you. the kiss was passionate and full of love. once you both finally pulled away, a chuckle left both of your mouths and you lay your head on his chest.

"so does that mean we're dating now, are we official?" he asked as he was adoring you.

"i mean, if you want us to be official, then let's give it a try. all i know is that i want you by my side forever and always. you're my home jeon, and i'll eventually find my way back home," you answered as you listened to the sound of his heart beat.

"you're my home as well, girlfriend," he spoke, emphasizing on girlfriend.

still being in each other's embrace, you both watched as the sun set as the gentle breeze flowed your way. you both had finally found the happiness that you both sought for in a long time.