seasons

listen to 'seasons' by wave to earth

falling in love with someone you feel like you can't have is tough. that feeling of desire and having that special person in your life, knowing you couldn't be good enough for this perfect person. seeing him would only tempt you to fall in love with him, which you tried so hard not to do. it wasn't like there was anything wrong with him, you just felt like you're not the one for him.

you could name a million reasons to like him. it's impossible to hate this guy, he was just too pure hearted. by pure hearted, you mean he has only good intentions, someone who couldn't hurt a single soul. obviously he throws in dirty jokes here and there and you'd laugh your heart out. maybe you already fell, but it's a feeling that's hard to describe. you don't know if what you feel is love, or simply admiration. or maybe that is what your brain is telling you, that you're not in love, maybe that's why you feel complicated. maybe that's the reason why you're not letting yourself chase him, maybe you're overthinking about this and you feel like he would never reciprocate the feelings you have for him.

regardless of what your brain tells you, your heart beats rapidly every time you see him nearby. whenever you're sad or upset, his presence turns your emotions upside down and suddenly you have this huge smile plastered on your face, eyes shining in the dark as if you got hearts in them.

every season with him was amazing. autumn, winter, spring, summer, every second of the day each year. blasting music on the rooftop together, staring at the stars, him wrapping his blanket around you so you wouldn't get cold. maybe it's the little things he does that makes your heart flutter, or maybe it's his warm presence that makes this cold world seem much better.

after giving this much thought, you realize how much you think about him, day and night. you realize that it's a feeling that won't go away, a feeling where you'd keep longing for this one specific person. you're in love. that's what your heart keeps telling you.

fear of rejection and fear of ruining this great relationship you both have swarmed your mind, overwhelming you. at the same time, you thought of confessing, because not telling him felt like a nightmare. it'd be a 50/50 chance and if you didn't take your chances, he could slip away. if telling him that i love him, okay maybe i shouldn't say love, that i like him would only ruin our bond, then i'd rather not tell him. i'd rather suppress this feeling than to lose the only person that lights up my life. but if i don't tell him, i could regret it, what if some other person tells him before i have a chance to do so? agh!

overthinking too much to the point you didn't even notice your surroundings, the man you were thinking of appears right in front of you.

"hello!" he greets, a huge smile on his face.

surprised, you finally snapped out of your zone and saw the one person you were waiting for. and you also greeted him with a smile.

"what were you thinking about?" he asks, sitting alongside you, opening a soda can and handing it to you.

"nothing, it's a secret," you tell him while grinning.

"if you say so," he shrugs as he takes a sip of his soda.

"the stars are much more beautiful tonight, don't you think?" you ask.

"mhm," he agrees, but then he mumbles something that made you smile. "i think you're more beautiful than the stars in the sky,"

snorting, you playfully hit him, making him dramatically react.

should i just tell him? should i risk it? agh i can't help but want to tell him how i feel, but i don't want to ruin what we have.

giving more thought to confessing, the dilemma is a bit frustrating, but you just decided to risk it, even if he doesn't feel the same.

"i like you," you blurt out quickly, hoping he wouldn't hear that, but he heard clearly.

feeling flustered, he brushed it off within a second and wanted to tease you.

"huh? i didn't quite get that," he smirks, wanting to hear it a second time.
"never mind, i don't know what i just said," you spoke, embarrassed of what you just did. you cursed at yourself in your head.

"well then, i like you too, more than just friends," he confesses.

this time, you're the one who's flustered. your heart is racing and you're sure he could hear it. he leans close to you and gave a peck on your forehead. being the gentleman he is, he didn't want to scare you and kiss you like every cliche movie does, but he wanted to give you time. despite you both sharing the same feelings, he doesn't know what you feel about being in a relationship, and even if it takes time, he'll wait.

were you ready for one though? you had never been in a relationship and he would be your first. although you'd immediately accept his offer if he asked you out, you needed to prepare yourself before diving into the dating world.

"would you like to go on a date with me?" he asks. "we don't have to go further than some dates if you're not comfortable yet, and don't worry, you're the only person i've got my eyes on,"  he added.

"of course i'd love to go on a date with you," you answer his question. "i might not be ready for a relationship yet, but if you give me some time, i'll let you know," you continued after a second of silence.

"i'll wait for you until you're ready. just know that if i could be by your side, i'll give you all my life, my seasons," he says, holding your hand.

"hey jungkook," you spoke up as your head rests on his shoulder. he hums in response.

"i like you, a lot," you confess once again, but this time, properly.

he pulled you into his warm embrace, making you feel at home.

if you could stay by his side for a long time, you too would give him all your life, your seasons.