- infidelity -

「angst」

remember, this is just an imagine. i'm sure jk wouldn't stoop this low to his future lover.

surely it hurt, but you never showed your sadness and pain. you remained this strong, unbothered expression, which it started to worry him. inside, you were infuriated. you not once, had thought about anyone else other than him. turns out, he couldn't wait for you to help him fulfill his desires.

it just had to be the day you return home from work, you had perceived his infidelity. he really couldn't help it and initiated intimacy with someone who was not you. why is it that you were able to stay loyal, whereas he was helpless and betrayed you.

you had a hunch since whenever you texted him during your business trip, he tended to ignore you and respond dryly. he felt distant and foreign to you, which you disliked.

you both were supposed to get married in four months, but it seems like that won't be happening. why would you stay with a cheater anyways? you couldn't trust him anymore, why should you stay with the man who decided to cheat on you?

[11:54 pm; the night you returned ]

you were excited to see your fiancé after being gone for a month for your business trip. opening the door, you heard loud music and the guest room was being used. did jungkook invite over any guests?

the door was slightly open, and you could see the things you wish you hadn't. you saw your boyfriend being intimate with another woman, while thinking that you were still away. you waited until he noticed your presence, but it seems like they were way too focused on what they were doing.

you stood by the door, arms crossed, gaze so stern that with one look, anyone would feel startled. you coughed, on purpose to catch their attention. it wasn't until you turned off their loud music that they realized you were here.

his eyes grew wide as she shrieked. you only scoffed and walked to the living room, having enough of his actions. he felt incredibly guilty, as he should, and he forced the girl to leave. you looked at him, disappointment clearly shown on your face, eyes full of hatred and disgust.

you kept a straight face on, not showing a single piece of your emotions, whether that would be anger, sadness, or something. you did not want to show your weakness towards him and you weren't going to let him affect you this much.

though cheating sucks and isn't something you would forget, you try to handle the situation maturely, and not letting your anger get the best of you.

you walked straight to your bedroom, getting out your suitcases, shoving everything you own in them. jungkook kept begging you to stop, but obviously you ignored him, not wanting to hear any more of his words.

as you've already packed your stuff to your car, jungkook once again begged you to stay. he kept apologizing and wouldn't let go of you no matter how hard you pushed him away.

you threw your engagement ring at him, as regret was visibly seen by his expressions. he claims to love you a lot, but if he did, then why would he cheat in the first place? why did he even consider it?

"stop making things harder for us. you cheated, thinking i wouldn't have known. let's just end it, it's so pointless for me to stay," you finally spoke.

"i-i-i didn't mean it! i don't know what has gotten into me, but i love you! only you!" he responded, trying to defend himself.

"if you love me, you wouldn't have cheated. you would've been loyal and you wouldn't even have considered nor thought about doing things behind my back!" you yelled, not wanting to head anymore of his excuses.

"i trusted you jeon. so much, and this is how you treat me. i didn't let some guy get to me or seduce me or whatever, unlike you," you spat, walking away from your now ex-fiancé.

sitting in your car, you let out a few sobs. you felt so angry, betrayed, and foolish. the one person you would have never expected to hurt you, was the one who ended up tearing you apart. you lightly slammed your head on the steering wheel, exhaustion so clear as you cried for hours.

leaving him pained you, but you didn't want to stay as the relationship would only grow more toxic than it already is. you loved him too much, but leaving him would be a better choice rather than staying with someone who's betrayed your trust. if you continued to stay, who knows if he'd repeat his mistake over and over again?

ending your relationship with him was the only way for him to realize what he's done and to regret. his infidelity only lead you to become stronger and careful with trusting another person.

entering your best friend's home for the time being, you only thought about how you could improve. crying over him would not help you grow stronger, you just keep going. you weren't going to let him ruin you nor would you let him cause you to be weaker.