- roses are dead -

「angst」

it was another rainy and cold night. the wind was strong and the rain kept pouring down endlessly. you stared at the vase of roses he once gave you for your wedding anniversary. you remembered when you two were so in love, only for it to come crashing down.

you and jungkook loved each other so eternally and were even married for four years. you stared out the bedroom window, thinking about your ex-husband. you still weren't over him, and he wasn't over you too. your heart ached every time it rained as it only triggered the memory of what led to your divorce.

was divorce the right option? should you guys have talked it out instead of impulsively separating ways? you guys divorced because of a couple reasons. you both were so immersed with work, not giving you both a chance to spend much time together. you both had started arguing a lot and hurting each other with the words that left the both of your mouths.

soon you both grew egotistic as you guys wouldn't admit your mistakes. almost everyday you guys fought, lashing out at each other all because you guys had a bad day at work. this all started right after your fourth anniversary, and he kept pointing out what you did 'wrong'. that obviously upset you, in which both of your egos got in the way and caused you both to bring each other down.

others often told you guys to work it or maybe even see a marriage counselor to go fix your marriage, but since you both are stubborn, you both refused. deep down you still have that love that never left, and so did he, but the both of you don't realize that.

jungkook, on the other hand, looked so dead inside. he could barely sleep without you and just needed you. he's tried taking sleeping pills, hoping that it'll help, but it still didn't, he was wide awake. he sat on his bed, hugging his knees as he stares out the rainy window, the darkness and city lights so clear.

his eyes so puffy and red, regrets filling his mind, wondering what he could've done to prevent this from happening. had he not picked up fights with you, you both wouldn't go down this road. life without you felt so lonely and all that's left was an emotionless face that couldn't smile anymore.

he cried, a lot, but you too were hurting as none of this was easy for the both of you. day by day, each of the roses started dying as it counted the days of separation and broken love. the two of you regretted not setting your egos aside and just to sit down and talk. you guys were foolish and blind to see what you were doing to each other.

the last time you guys were in the same room was just months ago, fighting over the most incredulous things. it was midnight, raining like it is tonight when you both shouted unpleasant words and shattered precious items. that night was the last straw for the both of you as he pulled out the divorce papers, to which he had already signed.

you looked at him in disbelief until you agreed to sign them, having enough of his nonsense. from then on, he grabbed his belongings and left. he left and you couldn't believe it. your everlasting love had just come to an end and it pained you. you never expected this outcome and neither did he.

the roses that were once lively and bright, slowly turned darker and apathetic. it represented the love that you two had, only for it to come to an end. throughout your journey, you realized that neither of you are in the right. you two were to blame for in this situation as you two didn't work it out like you should have.

the roses are dead, and as it displayed how your love has grown to die, one pretty little rose is still alive. it meant that your love isn't dead, it meant that you both needed to solve this issue, whether you both get back together or not.

you contemplated if you should contact him or not, but you sure wanted to at least end on good and peaceful terms. jungkook had enough moping around and decided to take some action instead of waiting. he grabbed his coat and walked out of his apartment door, entering his car to drive to your place. it wasn't far, but not the easiest to get to.

within thirteen minutes, he arrived. just as you were about to call him, you heard a knock on your door. you opened it, and as you saw his face, you felt confused and surprised. your emotions were all over the place, unable to move one bit.

"i missed you," he finally spoke breaking the silence.

shock still suppressed you from doing anything at all. jungkook pulled you in his arms, as your head fell on his chest. eyes still closed, he's missed your touch, your scent. you'd be lying if you said you didn't miss this at all. you eventually wrapped your arms around his waist, giving in to his embrace.

all you guys needed was to hold each other one last time.