Chapter 15

Both of you simultaneously put down your drinks with an audible thump.
"What do you mean tomorrow?"
"What do you mean 9 am??"

Layla grins at you both as she explains, "Ok, I know it's a little bit earlier than you're used to waking up on a Sunday, but Jason only takes that class, so I had to sign us up before all the other women did."

"Er, Jason?" you ask for clarification. Layla jerks her head to indicate the instructor outside.

She's relentless, you think. "In that case, I'm going home to catch up on work and get an early night," you decide quickly. "Ladies, thank you for the wonderful day out today. Layla, I'll be sure to repay you for your thoughtful act of kindness."

You hug your friends and make to leave. Mia and Layla decide to stay on and "check out the talent in the mall". Today has been just what you needed. You realise that you didn't need it to distract you from Jungkook, but rather to lighten your mood. Your heart felt like it had been ready to burst yesterday, and you almost couldn't breathe for thinking about the kiss with Jungkook. As declared to the girls, you did indeed do some schoolwork, make some plans for the Christmas recital and then finally jot down some thoughts on how Jungkook could approach the second movement of his performance piece. You are still his tutor after all and have your obligations to fulfil. You feel bad because, although you told him you needed time to think, you also don't want to waste his time. You decide that you will give him an answer before you next see him.

The hours pass by fairly uneventfully except for a few ad hoc texts from the girls saying how you didn't miss out on anything at the mall and they are headed home soon. They are "excited about getting a hot workout tomorrow". Sometimes you wonder whether you really have left your twenties behind, and with that thought, you go straight to bed.

The next morning, you curse everything you can think of when you are forced to wake up at 8 am; Layla for booking this stupid session, Mia for agreeing to it, yourself for also agreeing to it, the bright morning sunshine, the phone alarm, your 'not 20 anymore' body, and finally the birds singing outside your window. With your eyes only half-open, you pick the baggiest clothes you can find and tie your hair in a high ponytail. You don't give a flying fuck about what you look like right now. You discover that you are not an early Sunday morning person.

You agree to meet at Layla's house as she had a car and that would at least give you a chance to catch a extra few minutes' sleep. It is a 10-minute walk to her house and you are now cursing this fact as well, convinced that this walk is enough exercise for a Sunday. Who the hell cares about a 20% discount on a yoga class? Cue more expletives.

Layla is already in the car, warming it up for it's passengers, and you get in without so much as a greeting, indicating that she drive straight away. Mia is picked up en route and the three of you travel in silence. The fact that no words are needed is testimony to the length and depth of your friendship. Once you arrive at the Yoga Centre, you observe the queue of women going inside the building. It seems that half the people who had signed up the day before had regretted that decision this morning and stayed at home instead. You each grab a mat in the yoga studio and find some space on the floor. You have to admit that it actually has a calming vibe to it with the choice of decoration and music. You choose to sit at the back away from undue attention, encouraging, instead, the girls to sit in the front. You sit cross-legged, slightly more awake now, waiting for the 'guru' to start with his incantations. You look around and see that most of the women, nay almost all of them (the girls included), are wearing figure-hugging clothes. Obviously to accentuate their best bits to Jason, you think. You definitely do not regret your baggy t-shirt and joggers. You are soon instructed to close your eyes and breathe in and out deeply. Jason has a soothing voice and since you're here, you decide to fully engage in the practice. Who knows, you might enjoy it and it might help you curse less. Your thoughts are interrupted by some noise at the door. You open your eyes to see what the commotion is about, and then for the next 20 seconds, you mentally debate whether you should duck and hide, or pretend not to see who's just walked in. You bite your lip as you opt for the latter and immediately close your eyes again. You hear Jason whispering, "You guys can sit at the back, there's some space there."

Holy shit.

"Everyone, keep your eyes closed and take deep and meaningful breaths," he continues.

You hear some rustling beside you and then someone whispers, "Noona! What are you doing here?" You start to blush and open your eyes to tell Jungkook to quietly and quickly sit down so that there is no room for conversation. Of all the places, what the hell? I hope Mia and Layla haven't seen anything. Geez, why is he right next to me? Will it be too awkward if I leave? Ok, it'll be fine. So much for this being a calming experience.

No amount of 'deep and meaningful' breaths could help pacify your racing mind and beating heart right now. You are soon told to open your eyes and stand up. As much as you try to pretend that Jungkook is not right there next to you, it's incredibly difficult, especially when you can see him glancing at you every so often. You decide to focus on following Jason's instructions and that you'll deal with Jungkook after the class. As you go through the moves in the 'Sun Salutation', you both steal glances at each other. He looks so sexy with his sweat dripping down his face and neck. You'd happily do unspeakable things to him right now. You decide to give in and just go with the flow. Yoga was meant to be good for the body and soul and it was certainly fulfilling that promise right now.

 Yoga was meant to be good for the body and soul and it was certainly fulfilling that promise right now