Chapter 4

You look at your watch and see that you've already gone over the allotted one hour and so you get up, ready to leave.

"Do you need to go right away Noona? I was going to make my famous extra spicy instant noodles," he says. There'll be more than enough for both of us if you'd like to join me." Seeing the dubious look on your face, he quickly adds, "Ok, truthfully, it's scary being here all alone in a new place and it'll be ages before the other guys come back. If you don't mind keeping me company for a bit?"

You smile kindly at him and agree to stay. You convince yourself it's to keep him company and nothing more. And besides, spicy instant noodles sounds great right now. As you walk next to Jungkook towards the kitchen, you start to feel butterflies in your stomach. You even take care to keep your hands firmly by your side. What the heck, why do I feel like a nervous teenager on a first date?

You sit down on a stool at the counter and watch Jungkook get things ready for his highly self-acclaimed noodles. Your heart starts to race as you watch him take things out of the cupboard, turn on the gas, place noodles into the pan, pour water into it and then set it on the stove. You watch his face with his hair flopping over as he stirs the noodles. You admire the marriage of his boyishly handsome looks with his grown-up body. When he moves away from the stove to the counter, you quickly pretend to be admiring the kitchen interior.

"Won't be too long Noona, just a warning that I added extra hot sauce, so I hope you like it spicy."

"Mmm, I do." What the actual heck Anna?

You quickly recover and ask, "So, do you like being an idol, Jungkook? BTS is a huge band, you must feel the pressure to always perform your best."

"Oh my goodness, you hit the nail on the head! Is that the correct saying? Anyway, yes, I always want to do my best on stage for ARMY (ARMY? Another one to look up). We all rehearse non-stop to get it perfect and then afterwards we have to do shows like Run BTS. Some of the other members even do VLives, but I'm always too tired. I feel bad that sometimes all I can do is post a selca on Weverse for our fans. (VLive? Weverse? What kind of band does all this for their fans?)

You come to realise that Jungkook is an extremely hard-working and conscientious person who does not take his fame for granted. And the fact that he's been doing this since he was fifteen years old astounds you. At that age, all you had to worry about choosing which subjects to take for your final exams. And which colour stationery worked best for you.

You decide to find out if he's as innocent as he seems. "Why did you choose Friday evenings for piano lessons? Surely that's the time guys your age should be out clubbing and meeting new people?" you ask.

Holding the back of his neck, he looks at you when he says, "I'm not really interested in all that Noona. I'm happy to have this time to myself doing one of my favourite things, playing the piano, which relaxes me. And now that you're going to help me, my Friday evenings are going to be awesome!" He gives you a thumbs up smiles at you with a huge grin.

 And now that you're going to help me, my Friday evenings are going to be awesome!" He gives you a thumbs up smiles at you with a huge grin

Your heart is melting and racing at the same time for this young man who seems to be mature for his age, yet innocent at the same time.

"I already feel so comfortable with you Noona. You're the first person I've spoken to this much, other than my family and the other members, and I've only known you for two hours!" he says, endearingly. Then, "Oops, better check the noodles before they burn!"

Within a few minutes, you are treated to the extra spicy noodles as promised. You have to admit, they are the best noodles you've ever tasted, made for you by a famous K-pop idol in his kitchen no less, in a house, in Chelsea. All of this is a first for you. As you both eat in comfortable silence, you notice that Jungkook glances at you occasionally, probably wondering if I need milk to dilute the spiciness. It's true you need cooling down, but not because of the noodles. You keep your head down and concentrate on finishing your food, avoiding any eye contact with Jungkook. Thankfully, you can blame the spicy noodles, and nothing else, for the increasing redness of your face.

Once you're done, and you say you need to leave as it's getting late, you tell Jungkook that you look forward to your first proper lesson next week. As you head home, you ponder over all the odd emotions you felt in the few hours you spent with Jungkook. Ok, he's an attractive young man with endearing qualities and I'm probably just feeling extra lonely these days. His piano playing brought back so many emotions and reminded me of Mark. I know I'm a sucker for someone who is gifted at music. He's so young, though, how can I possibly even think of him in that way? I must be hornier than I realise. Anyway, I'm sure these feelings are temporary and will pass as I spend more time with him and realise that he's probably not that special.

When you eventually reach home, you hear your phone ping and you look down to see you've received a message from Jungkook.

/// Hope you got home safe Noona. Thank you so much for agreeing to teach me. I'm going to work hard and make you proud! 😊 ///

You sigh as you put the phone away, debating whether you should reply or not. You decide it's probably best not to so that you can at least try to maintain some professionalism. Even if you did just have dinner with him. You get ready for bed and settle in, hoping no unsolicited visitors enter your dreams tonight.