Luka Couffaine| A Voice Like Music

Requested by: DragonGirlLife

Prompt: Self given

Warnings: None

Extra: This took so long and I'm so so sorry about that! Burn out hits me really hard when it comes to writing one-shots, and I couldn't find the drive to write this. I finally buckled down and got this out, and I tried to make it as good as possible to make up for the wait. Enjoy!

~*~

His voice was like music.

As long as you had known him, that was the only thing you could compare it too. Even as the two of you grew and matured, even as he dyed his hair and switched styles to find himself, that one thing remained the same.

One of your first memories was of the two of you on his mother's ship together, joyously running around and threatening to push each other off in a friendly competition. Juleka was watching in the background, laughing joyfully and happy to watch instead of join in.

The two of you got older, and your admiration for Luka spread to more than just his voice. There were days where you went into a daze while he was talking, notes registering in your ears as you observed him speaking. When he got passionate about something then he'd use his hands often while speaking. His eyes would light up too, the blue-green deadly similar to the water he lived on. Everything about him just screamed... attractive.

"You've gone off to Wonderland again," he would always say when you got lost in your thoughts of how handsome he was, a small smile on his face.

"Sorry, sorry," you'd smile nervously, hoping that you weren't blushing as badly as you thought you were, "I, um, I got lost in thought. What were you saying?"

His smile grew wider, and your cheeks grew hotter. Did he know? Why did he never say something? Sometimes you thought that having him call you out would end the suffering and allow you to move on with your life no matter the results.

Still, you lasted years without revealing your crush. That was a statement you weren't sure you believed. Despite being friend with him for so long, you'd be reduced to a blubbering mess whenever he did something particularly amazing. And this was Luka you were talking about, everything he did was amazing!

What helped you through the awkwardness you never seemed to outgrow was your long-term friendship. It was easy to fight through unnecessary nerves when you had grown up together. Sure, it added extra reasons to your long list of why you were in love with Luka Couffaine, but it also reassured you. He'd kept you around for this long, what's a little longer until you finally - finally decided to woman up and confess.

You were close to confessing (no you weren't, who were you kidding?) when he appeared in the media. All of Paris and probably all of France knew about Ladybug and Chat Noir, but slowly their ranks started to expand. Rena Rouge, Carapace, Queen Bee (ugh), King Monkey, Pegasus, and Viperion.

Viperion. There was something about him that drew you toward him. The pull was unexplainable, and it was easy to call it magic when superheroes appeared on the streets at least once a week.

As an intern at the news station, it was your job to sniff out new stories. And it just so happened that every time Viperion came around, you were quick to be on the scene to help out the studio. If a few photos were taken on your phone instead of your work-issued camera then no one had to know but you.

So there was the classic problem. A love triangle, except neither of the two interests actively knew they were part of a triange.

Instead of feeling guilty like you knew you should have, something else settled in your gut. Contentment? Understanding? No matter what it was, it was that emotion that made you feel actual guilt.