Lance McClain| Ask Nicely

Requested by:notebookgirl30

Prompt: Self given

Warnings: None

Extra: The songs I used in this were Why Don't You Do Right from Who Framed Roger Rabit and A Man What Takes His Time from Burlesque.

~*~

All types of people came through the club I worked at, and I loved it. The pay was better than first impressions would give, but considering the planet and our club's notoriety and regular patrons, it was a given.

Sure, every once in a while a fight would break out, or there would be sketchier characters that prompted me to hide out in the back for an extra hour or two after my performance, but the trill I got from performing outweighed all of those moments.

It was supposed to be a normal night. All I had to do was go up there, sing a few sets, take a small break, and go back up again for the finale. But when I went up for the first set, I took notice of the new group. They were in the corner, obviously trying to be discreet. There were three males and a female, all human. Humans were rare, in fact, I wasn't sure if I had seen any in person before. They were so far behind the rest of the cosmos that everyone agreed to leave them alone and let them develop on their own.

And there they were, four humans casually lounging around like they were meant to be there. Well, if humans were there then I'd give them a familiar show. Raising a brow, I cleared my throat and sent the crowd an award winning smile.

"You had plenty of money, 1922. You let other women make a fool of you. Why don't you do right like some other men do? Get out of here, get me some money too. You're sittin' down wonderin' what it's all about. If you ain't got no money they will put you out. Why don't you do right like some other men do? Get out of here, get me some money too."

Stepping off the stage, I moved slowly around the club, stopping at a table here or there to give a patron a flirtatious smile. Then I finally made it to the humans in the back. Most of them shrunk under the attention they were getting, as if they were desperate to stay out of sight, but I wasn't going to let that stop me. I walked around the table, taking the chance to observe them closer.

"If you had prepared twenty years ago. You wouldn't be wanderin' now from door to door. Why don't you do right like some other men do? Get out of here, get me some money too."

On each of the person's hips was a strange device shaped like a claw. The tech was unlike anything I had ever seen, and I struggled to keep my facade up when I finally realized what they were. Bayards. Bayards that only the pilots of Voltron have.

"Get out of here, get me some money too Why don't you do right, like some other men, do?" I stepped back onto the stage as I finished the song. The audience cheered, the majority calling for an encore. But I needed a break and a drink before I went back up again.

Stopping backstage, I wished the next performer good luck and slipped a jacket on over my dress. The nights were getting chillier. Taking a seat at the bar, I waved to the bartender and he poured me a glass of my usual.

"That was some nice singing," someone sat down next to me.

I turned, ready to snap at them for assuming they could get something from me, but paused when I saw it was one of the Voltron paladins. The leanest out of the men, and the one who caught my eye the most when I swung by their table. Swallowing my insult, I simply smiled.

"Thank you. That song is one of my favorites so I always enjoy singing it. I'm (Y/n)."

"Lance. How long have you worked here?"