Stormfly (M!Dragon!Reader)| Three

Requested by: blitzer546

Prompt: Self given

Warnings: Bit short

Extra: It's a bit short and I'm super sorry about that!

~*~

The dragons of Berk were bustling with excitement

The dragons of Berk were bustling with excitement. Mating season was upon us. For the most part, every was excited. I, however, had nothing, or rather, no one, to look forward to. The vast majority of dragons in Berk had a mate to spend their lives with. There was only one dragon I could see myself with, and I felt as though I had no chance with her.

"You only have a week to confess. You know that right?" Hookfang landed beside me in the field. All of our owners were currently working on a project for Berk, giving most of the dragons some freetime.

"You've said that every year since Berk became dragon friendly. I've never done anything about it," I rumbled, wings fluttering in frustration.

"Well this year, I'm not letting you off the hook. I've learned a lot from Snotlout, so you can count on me to help you."

"You think Snotlout knows anything?" I snorted, "That oaf couldn't charm anything dead or alive."

"Maybe not, but he has confidence. That's what you need," Hookfang nudged me with his wing, "If you don't do something soon, she's going to get a mate, and it won't be you."

"Hookfang!" Hookfang blew some smoke out of his nose, before taking flight to reunite with his owner.

I looked out at the skyline, bristled. Hookfang had a point. I had been waiting for years to tell Stormfly how I really felt. If I didn't move fast, she would be taken by someone else. That was the last thing I wanted.

"(Y/n), come on boy, we've got a few things to do."

I spread out my wings, flapping them a few times before taking off. I had to do something, somehow.

~*~

The first chance I had to confess to Stormfly was during Dragon Racing. It probably wasn't the best idea, but I was so nervously excited that waiting felt like torture.

"Hey Stormfly," I swooped under her, using my claws to take the prize sheep from her, speeding up a bit so her and Astrid would stay behind me, "I um, well I don't really know how to-"

"Yoink!"

"Hookfang!" I growled as the dragon took the sheep from me, rushing to catch up and get it back, "You said you would help me! That didn't help at all!"

"Dragon Racing doesn't count, it's time for competition. I can't be your wingman," Hookfang cackled, blowing some steam out of his nose.

Attempt one failed.