Dick Grayson| Too Late

Requested by: alkvva

Prompt: #1

"I never stood a chance did I?"

"That's the sad part, you did once."

Warnings: Suicidal themes/mentions

Extra: I kept to you request pretty well, I did however, change the way she died just because I felt like it might upset some people and that's the last thing I wanted. It's still along the same lines just less traditional? Graphic? I'm super sorry for changing it but I really hope you can understand where I'm coming from. Enjoy!

Also Extra: If any of you are ever struggling and feel like you need someone to talk to who can't judge you or someone you don't have to face in your everyday life, I'm right here. I've been through things too, I'll understand.

~*~

(Y/n) should have made the first move.

It was the dominating thought in her mind as the laid on the hard ground of a warehouse. She was cold and warm. Her entire body hurt and yet there was a weird sense of peace within her. It was a peace that would last forever, she knew that.

(Y/n) groaned as she reached into one of her belt pockets, her fingers closing in around a folded up piece of paper. She readjusted herself, putting the hand holding the note over her stomach, the other one lying limply at her side.

She should have made the first move.

She loved him, God she loved him. She had loved him for five years, and yet she was too late. She didn't make the first move, she didn't imply she loved him, she didn't do anything. And that was why she was here, why she put herself in this situation.

With her free hand she pressed the insignia on her belt, turning her emergency tracker on. She knew it would only be a matter of minutes before Batman and others arrived. Dick would probably be there too. But she had calculated the times, no matter how fast they went, it would be too late, and them being too late was exactly what she needed.

She remembered back to the day this downward spiral started. It was only a week ago, still fresh in her mind. It started out as a relatively good day too.

She woke up on time, and made herself breakfast. She even had the day off of school which meant she could spend the entire day training at base or out on patrol. But, there was one thing that trumped everything else she had planned. She was going to tell Dick she loved him.

It had taken a week of Artemis and Barbara encouraging her and telling her that nothing could go wrong.

"He feels the same way, you should see the way he looks at you," Barbara stated.

So, when she felt confident enough, she left her apartment and stuck to the shadows of the alleys as she walked to Gotham's Zeta. Her hero costume always gave her reassurance, she felt amazing in it, but it didn't feel like enough today as she was shaking in anticipation.

"Rogue, B-0-12."

"Hey (Y/n)," Tim greeted as she entered the Cave.

"Hi," (Y/n) smiled, "How's training going."

"As good as it could be," Tim chuckled, "I don't know how you and Dick survived it."

"Well, Dick had past experience and I just practiced like crazy, when you're surrounded by superpowered people, you gotta work to make sure you're valuable. Which you are Tim."

"Thanks (Y/n)."

"Have you seen Dick?" (Y/n) glanced around the training pad, not seeing him anywhere.