Shawn Mendes| His Inspiration

Requested by: sstilinski24_

Prompt: #12

"I kissed you? Why did I kiss you?"

Warnings: None

Extra: I'm not an avid Shawn Mendes fan so I went and listened to different songs of his at 12 in the morning to figure out what I wanted to do...It was fun.

~*~

"You've been doing stuff for this channel all day, you sure you don't want to take a break, go get something to eat before you do this interview?"

"I'm fine (Y/n)," Shawn smiled reassuringly, "This is the last interview then we can go home and order food, or go and get something."

"Promise?"

"Promise," Shawn assured, kissing (Y/n) so quickly that none of the crew would be able to see him do so.

"Alright, one minute till cameras start rolling, everybody get to your places, final mic check."

"You ready for your questions?" (Y/n) asked Shawn, adjusting the front of his gelled hair.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Shawn grabbed (Y/n)'s hand and kissed the back of it, "You'll be here the whole time?"

"Just behind the cameras," (Y/n) nodded in confirmation, "Silently cheering you on. Now, charm 'em like you charmed me."

Shawn chuckled as (Y/n) walked out of view of the camera. The interviewer sat down in her own seat that mirrored Shawn's. The director counted down on his fingers, giving a thumbs up when the cameras began rolling.

"Alright, I am here with Shawn Mendes!"

"Hi," Shawn waved at the camera.

"And we're going to be talking about his new album," the interviewer finished, crossing her right leg over her left, "So, Shawn Mendes is your latest album, and of course, it's blowing up. Your songs were very diverse in this album, what did you draw your inspiration from?"

"Well I collaborated with Khalid for Youth and that was a dream come true, and for that song we actually discussed what it would be about together. For the songs that are more on the topic of heartbreak, those were based off of past experiences."

"Well we do love songs with true pasts behind them," the interviewer smiled, glancing down at her questionaire cards, "Now, there are two songs I was told to highlight, and that's Falling All in You and Nervous, care to explain the backstories behind those two gems?"

Shawn's eyes found (Y/n) in the back and she could see his cheeks flushing as he gave a nervous laugh. She smiled and gave a thumbs up, signalling that Shawn could say whatever he wanted when answering the question.