Shiro (M!Reader)| Savior, Not Damsel

Requested by: Shiko00

Prompt: #19

"You think I'm a damsel in distress? Newflash, you're the one who needs saving."

Warnings: Male x Male. Don't like, there's the door.

Extra: This is my first ever x Male! Reader, and I'm not a male nor am I fluid to a male so if the writing seems a bit shaky that's why. I tried my hardest though so I hope you enjoy!

~*~

He came on what was going to be a normal day

He came on what was going to be a normal day. I had done my normal rounds, gave the prisoners extra rations that wouldn't be missed, and secretly listened in on any conversations that would be worthy of report.

Then, the transmission came in. A patrol ship had picked up three humans on Kerberos. One would be taken in for intelligence testing, while the other two would be used for the arena.

"(Y/n), you're going to go to handle them," my superior ordered, "They go straight to the arena so they can be processed and put into a fight."

"Yes sir," I bowed my head.

I turned on my heel and marched away. There was a thumping in my chest, an anxiousness that I hadn't felt in a long while. I had never seen a human before. Krolia came back from Earth with tales about humans and their customs, but that was when I was brand new to the Blade. Young and inexperienced.

"I'm here to retrieve the prisoners."

The two guards watching over the prisoners stepped aside, allowing me entrance into the holding cells.

"You two are being transferred to the arena. If either of you try to resist you will be shot. Move."

I began to walk away from the cell, the two following behind me as expected. When we turned the corner into the next hallway I began to speak again.

"Don't move your head, and don't show any signs of emotion," I said stiffly, "The monitors here can see, but not hear. Meaning I can say what I need to and it  will look like nothing is out of the ordinary."

"Why have you taken us?" The smaller of the two asked.

"We're always looking for new contenders. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time."

"Where's my father?"

I turned a corner, briefly glancing back at the two. They were scared, confused, all of the emotions you would expect.

"He was sent to testing, then he'll be moved to a camp. It'll be hard work but he'll survive. It's you two that need to worry. The arena is brutal," I paused at a door, "The cameras in here pick up sound, I can't talk to you any further. Good luck."

The door opened and the smaller one entered first. When the second man took a step forward I grabbed his arm.

"The only way your friend will live is if he gets moved, he'll die in the arena if he doesn't."