Bucky Barnes| Love is Destruction

Requested by: andyfowlersgirl_xx

Prompt: #12

"I kissed you? Why did I kiss you?"

Warnings: Slight swearing

Extra: This is my favorite one-shot ever. And it's long so it took me a long time. Sorry for the wait!

~*~

I wasn't sure about why I was picked for this mission.

Well, that was a lie. I had a general idea why, but I wasn't entirely sure.

"Agent, do you understand?"

I blinked, suddenly pulled from my thoughts. Nodding my head I spoke quietly.

"I understand, sir. I'm to infiltrate the Avengers and retrieve the Winter Soldier. How exactly will I infiltrate?"

"We'll give up one of our bases. They will find you, a prisoner whom we experimented on."

"And what about Wanda Maximoff?"

"You've been trained to fight against such tactics. Remember the palace?"

"Lock what I don't want to be found in the dungeon. Understood."

"Good. A chopper is ready to bring you."

"Thank you sir," I bowed my head, "I will not fail you."

"I know you won't. Understand what will happen if you do."

I bowed my head again before I left. Knowing I didn't need to pack anything I went straight to the chopper.

"Hey (L/n)," I felt a punch be delivered to my right cheekbone.

"Ow! What the hell Skips?" I held my injured cheek tenderly.

"Figure that if you're beat up it'll look more legit," my fellow agent shrugged, "Besides that was payback for all the times you've beat me in training."

"I'm genetically enhanced Skips, I'm supposed to be able to beat anyone," I rolled my eyes, "Besides, you've put some good bruises on me, you didn't need to punch me in the face!"

"Oops," Skips smirked.

I rolled my eyes, climbing into the chopper. Slipping the headset on, I leaned back in my seat.

The Winter Soldier. Even just thinking the name sent shiver through me. I was his handler's apprentice. I was supposed to take over after his handler was killed, but he escaped. I knew the ins and outs of his programming.

I always felt pity for the man all the same.He had never asked to become a Hydra weapon. While both of our pasts were eerily similar, I had joined Hydra willingly.

"Hydra 3-9-2 landing now."

"See you never Skips," I shouted into the headset before I took it off.

I jumped from the chopper, jogging to the front doors. Another agent was there waiting for me. The woman motioned for me to follow her inside.

"We have clothes for you to change into so you'll blend in more. The Avengers will be arriving in approximately an hour, but we wouldn't be surprised they came sooner rather than later."

"Understood."

"Good," there was a pause, "You know, if I had a chance to join the Avengers I would."

"You'd go to the enemy?" I asked, my brows furrowing in shock.

"We join Hydra believing in a better world. After a while, you see the horrors, and realize that this isn't the place for that."