Kurt Wagner| Two T's

Requested by: Roryroo

Prompt: #11

"On a scale of one to ten, how bad do you think it would be if-"

"Twenty-seven."

Warnings: None

Extra: Kurt is a precious bean so I had fun writing this. Enjoy!

~*~

(Y/n) had never necessarily considered her ability to be abnormal

(Y/n) had never necessarily considered her ability to be abnormal. Not that she considered it normal either, but being born with two out of 'The Three T's' definitely made her stance on abnormal and normal a bit different from the average person.

It started when she was young, much too young for her to remember but her parents remembered it well enough. She was being fed soft food when she suddenly sneezed. Instead of her parents being able to fawn over how cute her quiet sneeze was, they were sent into a panic when she suddenly disappeared out of her seat.

"Oh my God I lost my baby," her mother muttered, on the verge of tears, "She was right in front of us!"

"Wait, do you hear that?"

(Y/n)'s parents paused, and sure enough, they heard childish giggling coming from (Y/n)'s room. When they walked inside she was sitting inside her crib, swinging her arms up and down while babbling.

"She was- how- Shit."

The parents seemed to forget the no swearing in front of a child rule for a moment as they stared at their daughter in shock. She was just in her chair, and now she was in her crib?

"You don't think..." (Y/n)'s dad trailed off, not even wanting to finish his sentence.

"We can't just get rid of her if she is," her mother said in determination, "It'll be hard, but we wanted a baby and we have one, mutation and all we're going to deal with it."

"At least we'll go through one hardship before her teen years."

That was one way to put it. While her growing older helped her be more aware of how exactly she should be controlling her ability to teleport, it didn't mean that she could. In her younger years, temper tantrums set it off. Her parents were always sure to pull her out of public areas before she did. As she got older, it was big emotional outbursts.

But two out of 'The Three T's', as in, not just teleportation. Telepathy. The ability to read minds. That, was the one she had the hardest time controlling. The first time she heard someone's thoughts she started crying because she thought she was going crazy.

After that it only got worse. She tried to function as a normal human being, and did quite good at it, but there was no off switch. She could hear the thoughts of everyone in the room. Not one at a time, not if she focused. Every though, every voice, all at once. They overlapped each other in a struggle to be heard over the others, even though no one was directing their thoughts at (Y/n).