Peter Maximoff| Stars

Requested by: 

Prompt: #3 "I don't know if I want to kill you or kiss you right now"

"Can I pick?"

#16 "You're a psychopath"

"I prefer creative."

#40 "It might be an unpopular opinion but not everyone can live a normal life."

#42 "Everything about this screams illegal"

Warnings: None

Extra: Enjoy!

~*~

If you were to tell me that I was about to go on a date with a man who'd broken more laws than most mafia bosses, I'd tell you that you were insane. Why would I want to go out with someone who'd dedicated their life to crime?

Well, there was one exception to that statement. And that exception's name was Peter Maximoff.

His family had lived in the same neighborhood as mine for nearly ten years, and within that time, we became fast friends. He was the only person on the block the same age as me, so we bonded well.

It wasn't until we were eight years into our friendship that he showed me his true self. A mutant. I was a teenager then, but that didn't mean I was as close-minded as the rest of society. I accepted him, and he told me that for the first time, he had someone outside of his family who knew of his mutation.

After that, I was introduced into his life of crime. Small little heists that he knew he could get away with because who'd believe someone who said they'd been robbed by someone with super speed? They weren't necessarily serious crimes, but they definitely added up.

Two years after that he left, and I had as well. It wasn't to keep in touch with people back then, especially when you don't know their number. So, I chalked it down to "maybe we'll run into each other at the supermarket one day" and that was that.

A year after both of us left home to continue our lives, I'd returned to visit my family. My parents were making dinner, and I was unloading my car when a familiar voice called out my name.

"(Y/n)!"

Whipping around, I smiled widely. There was the man I thought I'd only see at a supermarket.

"Peter, hey!"

Peter sped across the road and met me at my car. I set my bag back into the trunk and greeted him with a hug.

"What are you doing here?"

"Visiting my mom. Are you visiting your parents too?"

"Yeah! I took the week off of work so I could come home and spend some time with them. We should hang out since we're both here."

Peter hummed in thought, "Nine on Friday? I can pick you up, not that it's a big deal."

"That works."

"Great. It's a date!"

Back in his house before I could blink, Peter was gone. Blushing when I finally processed the "It's a date", I retrieved my final bag from my car and rushed into the house, full of anticipation for the end of the week.

The rest of the week went by slowly, almost too slow. Sure, I loved spending time with my parents since I was living away from them, but I visited them as often as I could. Peter, on the other hand, asked me out on a date after I'd missed him for a year.

That Friday, I realized that Peter never told me where he'd wanted to take me, which meant I wasn't sure what I needed to dress for. So, I went semi-formal. You could never go wrong with that, because - obviously - it was in the middle of casual and formal.