Chapter 31

Michaels POV:

So prom was originally meant to be before Christmas.
But it ended up getting rescheduled to the 29th for some reason. Which funnily enough. Is today.
And I'm absolutely shitting myself.
I wake up with that feeling in your stomach when you're either really worried or really excited about something. 
Except for mine is me being ABSOLUTELY FUCKING TERRIFIED
Apparently it's a thing where you don't see your date before they are ready (honestly I just think that's weddings and Rich is messing with me) so Jeremy has actually gone to his house.
With no Jeremy to act calm around, I'm a freaking mess.
I'm pacing the house to pass the time, running my hands through my hair wondering how the hell to make it look good.
And most importantly I haven't stopped checking my phone.
I'm waiting for someone to message me. To tell me how to prom.
My moms are both at work but my momma is leaving early to help me.
But until then I have nothing to do except from pace.
My phone rings and I race to pick it up. A name I see often flashes up on the screen

Player one 🎮💕....

I pick up and try to sound as chill as possible

"Hey"
"Hi"

Well he definitely doesn't sound chill

"What's up?"
"I'm scared"
"For prom?"
"Mhm"
"You aren't the only one. I'm terrified"
"Is anyone helping you get ready?"
"My momma is coming home from work early to help. What about your dad?"
"Yeah. He's helping me"
"What's it like?"
"What do you mean?"
"To have your dad helping you"
"Weird. It was so awkward when I first came home. Like he's my dad and I'm his son but it was awkward"
"I mean you have been living at mine for almost a month now"
"I guess"

I hear a car pull up in the driveway

"Gotta go. My momma just got home. I'll see you later. Looking handsome as always Heere"
"Don't call me Heere Mell. Speak to you later"
"Love you. Don't panic"
"Love you too. I'll try not to"

I smile and hang up. My momma walks in

"Right. Operation fix up Michael Mell is a go"

I smile

"Right go and get your suit"

I quickly go up to my room and get it from my closet.
It scares me that I'm gonna be wearing it for tonight. I haven't tried it on since I first got it. I don't even remember what it looks like on me.
I go back downstairs. The terror on my face definitely makes my momma laugh

"Relaks mahal ko"

Something about hearing that language calms me and I take a deep breath.

"Right. Now get that suit on"

I pull off my hoodie and my top and quickly put the shirt on. It's weird, I don't usually wear long sleeved tops since I only ever wear my hoodie.
My momma turns up the sleeves slightly so they sit nicely around my wrists.
She takes off my player one bracelet.

"Momm-"
"You will get it back"

I go quiet again

"Right. Now get the trousers on"

I quickly pull my jeans on. Definitely feeling extremely self conscious and pull on the trousers.
Okay I absolutely love this suit.
I put the jacket on and even though I have no idea what I look like, my mommas face lights up.
I put the tie on and all that's left is shoes and hair-
Shoes.
SHIT!