Chapter 61

Michaels POV:

It's Jeremy's 19th birthday.
When I tell you i've never been so nervous for a birthday, I mean it.
It's just something about this one.
It's been a week or so since my experience with my dad.
I ended up having to tell my moms and we've since blocked all ways of contact to him which definitely lifted a weight off my shoulders.
Anyways. Back to Jeremy's birthday.
I practically had to bribe Jeremy to not come shopping with me the other day. He may be now 19 but that dude is as curious as a toddler.
I settled on getting him a new xbox controller, (his broke the other day after a rather intense game of Mario kart. You can see where it's going) a few bags of m&m's to shut him up about how on the last couple days of our senior year I made him buy m&ms and ate absolutely all of them, and finally I saved up my money to buy him his own guitar.
He used to have his own second hand, but since moving in with us, it went back to its previous owner. Some family friend I think.
So he's only been able to borrow one from school for like a day at a time. So I finally splashed out on getting one that's 100% his.
Wrapping it was a nightmare. I kept it in its box to try and disguise what it is but it's absolutely massive.
So now it's almost 6 in the morning and i'm too nervous to sleep.
I mean i'd usually be awake at this time anyways but even if I wanted to sleep I don't recon I could.
I just sit mumbling away to myself making up a little tune

"Jeremy wake up please, i'm getting bored. Jeremyyyy wake up i'm boreddd"

Safe to say he doesn't wake up.
It's almost 2 hours later I get any response from him.
I feel his legs stretch out and they kick me right in the side.

"Ouch! How do you even manage to position yourself like that?"

I get an inaudible mumble in reply

"Hell no i'm not letting you drift off again. Ive waited long enough for you to wake up. It's your birthday!"

I pull the pillow off his face and I see a smile grow. I shuffle closer so my face is lying just centimetres away from his. I wait for his eyes to open.
And when they do I get an amazing reaction.
His head literally jerks backwards

"Holy shit"

I smile

"Happy Birthday mahal ko!"

His lips curve up to join me in a smile

"Thank you"
"You didn't forget this year did you?"
"No I didn't forget. I'm 19"
"Don't you bring up the being 2 months older"

His eyes open properly and look into mine

"Oh believe me I will"

I gently shove his shoulder

"Dick. Now get up!"

He groans and pulls the pillow back over his face to which I grab back

"Not a chance. Come on! I'll make you pop tarts"
"Really?"
"No course not. I detest those things"
"That's it"

He jumps up and I quickly roll over and off the bed. I basically rip open my door and sprint along the hallway and down the stairs.
I jump the last 3 steps just knowing Pac will be lying on one of them and hide round the side of the door to the kitchen.
Jeremy comes running in behind me and I jump out and scare him.
Releasing a scream at a pitch only dogs can hear.

"YOU DICK"

I burst out laughing and Pac comes waltzing in obviously awaiting food.
Whilst I control myself, Jeremy gives Pac his breakfast.

"Ah so now you're 19 you finally know how to feed the cat we've had for almost 7 months?"
"7 months? That's insane. It feels like we've had him forever"
"I know. He basically rules the house"