"Things have changed."

Who would've thought she'd be able to be so close to one of the members of the world's best boy band? She wanted to squeal. And slap herself for all these dirty fantasies in her head. But such was the curse of being a writer, she supposed. Yes, I have bipolar tendencies as well.

"Where are we going?" Jasper asked in hushed tones, realizing that he was going deeper into town. He had mentioned having a small place with his mates outside the city, so she assumed he was out on a mission. Did that mean the rest of his bandmates were with him? Lordy. Her cousin Dani would have a heart attack.

"I'm looking for the chemist," Zayn said. "My friend needs antibiotics. He--" When he saw the distress in her eyes, he shook his head. "No, he didn't get bit." He led them to a back alley and pulled something from his backpack. "Here. Only use it during emergencies."

The gun felt heavy on her hands. It was a black pistol. The smell of gunpowder gave her the idea that it had been used before. He started giving her directions on how to use the gun, and she was about to tell him she can handle it, but all the words and thoughts died when she saw his bare, drop-dead gorgeous face again. He had a light beard going on, few strands of hair falling over his eyes. God. This man was literally heaven-sent. Why did she feel so lucky to be here, standing in front of him? She couldn't even hear half of what he was saying. All she could focus on was the way he stared so intently into her eyes as his hands guided hers on how to use the gun. The way his lips moved... She was entranced.

"Only for emergencies, yeah?"

It was amusing how he had to repeat everything he was saying. Jasper coudln't blame him. What with all the end of the world drama and being faced with her personal rockstar savior... she needed him to take it slow with her. And that's what she said, Jasper thought heatedly, a dark blush staining her cheeks. "Y-yes," she finally said, finding her voice. "I'm happy--I mean, I'm grateful for everything--"

Zayn flashed her a grin, and she was sure she would have moaned if their lives weren't on the line. "Don't thank me yet," he said. "When we're out of the city and we're eating a decent meal, maybe that's when I'll demand my payment." He tugged his bandana back up, but not before smirking at her.

WHAT WAS THAT?! Jasper thought, DID HE JUST FLIRT WITH ME!? Obviously thrown into an excitement she could no longer comprehend, all she could do after that was mindlessly follow Zayn's modelesque back as he crouched behind several cars to reach the nearest pharmacy.

Thank goodness he knew his way around here, Jasper thought to herself as they squatted behind a huge trashbin. They wouldv'e been lost if he asked her for directions. And was she staring at the garter of his boxers? Oh yes she was. Was it rude? Absolutely... NOT! Jasper felt herself tremble as she noticed how creamy the exposed skin was. If he bent a little more, she most probably would have seen his buttcrack. The little fangirl of beautiful men inside her clapped her hands in joyous pleasure. Who would have thought that merely an hour(s?) ago, she was contemplating suicide?

Oh, God wanted her to survive! Even if the lack of divine authority was seemingly missing in this situation, Jasper coudln't help but think that this was the beginning of something great. Something--

"Pssst!" Zayn signaled to her, and Jasper realized she had been staring at the dirty pavement for a few minutes now. He put a finger to his lip area, and signaled her to follow. When she was finally beside him again (thankfully beside him because she didn't know if she could stop herself if she was given another teasing look at his warm skin), they both peeked their heads above the abandoned vehicle they were in.