Chapter 6

Jace's POV

No way. No that isn't Lexi standing there at the door of this huge place. She stared at me in shock and I was pretty sure I was too.

"Um, what are you doing here?" She finally asked me.

"For dinner?" I answered but it sounded more like a question.

"Um, one second," she ran into the kitchen, leaving me outside.

I heard mummers coming from the kitchen and after a while she came out. She gave me a small smile and moved aside for me to enter and I did, giving her a small smile. I looked at her legs, her right ankle was bandaged and she was still wearing her Vans. Just then Ms Evans stepped out.

"Oh hello there, Jace! Dinner will be ready soon, hold on for a second dear. Meanwhile you can get to know each other better yea?" Her mum smiled.

"Um we kinda know each other..." Lexi said.

"Oh really? That's even better! Alright, I'll leave you two alone then."

She was about to argue back but instead she puffed out her cheeks and played with her thumbs. I felt like such a dick for what I've done to her, I want to apologise, and that's what I'll do right now.

"Look, Lexi I-" I was cut off when she raises up a hand.

"Don't Jace. Just don't," her voice cracked.

She stood up and started to make her way upstairs.
I followed her up and when she tried to slam the door shut in my face, I stopped her.

"Lexi, just listen to me," I said softly.

She looked at floor, "no," she replied in the same tone.

"Why?"

"I can't believe you are that naive," she scoffed.

"I trust her because she's my girlfriend! How would I know that she'd lie to me!"

"So before you get your darn facts right you jump into conclusions and resort to violence?"

"I... I..."

She was right, why is she always right?

"I don't need your apology. You don't even mean it," she snapped and tried closing the door again but I won't budge, not until she forgives me.

I held the door with my hand. "Will you just leave me alone?" She asked me, annoyed.

"No, not until you forgive me."

"Fine, I forgive you, now go away," she pushed the door but I didn't let her.

"What do you want from me?" She messed up her hair.

I didn't ask for permission nor did I say anything, I just entered her room.

"Hey! Get out!" She pointed at the door.

I didn't answer again, she walked towards me and pushed me from behind. I took small steps and once I was close enough, I shut the door.

"Please just go!" She pleaded.

"No. Like I said, not until you forgive me."

"I said I forgave you!"

"You didn't mean it."

"No, I meant it." She tried to keep a straight face but the cute blush of hers was dead give away.

"You can't fool me, Lexi."

"Whatever, lets just go down for dinner," she mumbled.

She walked pass me, I was about to stop her but she stopped herself.

"You should stop trying Jace," she said with her back turned and she left, leaving me alone in her room...