Chapter 2

Lexi's POV

I literally ran to lunch. I couldn't face Jace as much as I wanted to. Taylor and Megan were already there, there was a plate with pizza, French toast, and a fruit salad with an apple juice box placed in the middle of them.

I plopped into the seat and puffed out my cheeks. "Thanks guys," I gave them a small smile.

"Something must've happened," Taylor raised a brow. I sighed and nodded. The both of them could see right through me.

I took a bite of my French toast and told them what happened.

* * * * * * * * *
I popped the grape into my mouth while giving the girls some time to fangirl.

"Oh my gosh, I'm telling you, he likes you Lex!" Taylor squealed.

I nearly choked on my grape.

Megan nodded in agreement. "It is pretty rare..."

"That's not possible, he doesn't know a thing about me! All he knows is that I'm clumsy..." I blushed at the last part.

The bell rung and it was gym. Thank god I have gym with these girls. We hurried to gym and saw coach getting ready to give out instructions. Thank god Jace decided to skip gym.

"Okay class! Get changing and run 3 laps, then we'll play some volleyball!" He yelled. He blew his whistle twice signalling us to get the hell out of there.

I wore my hot pink nike shirt, black nike shorts and my blue Adidas track shoes. I plaited my hair into a fish plait and left it by the side.

Taylor wore her white Adidas shirt, blue nike shorts and pink and purple Adidas track shoes. She tied her hair into a messy bun.

Megan wore her light blue reebok shirt, white nike shorts and grey Adidas track shoes. She tied her hair into a high ponytail.

We jogged back to the gym and ran three laps. After we were all done with our laps, we had to group ourselves into groups of 3. Me, Taylor and Megan were in a group. We were playing against Julia's group.

How lovely.

At least I got these girls, they're hella good in volleyball too. Julia served and I jumped, hitting the ball with the palm of my hand, making it lend on her side and I scored a point.

"Yes!" I cheered. The girls high fived me.

She glared at me then at Heather. Heather was in my science class and she's very nice. I pitied her because it seems like Julia isn't gonna let her go that easily, and I was right.

"What the hell, Heather? You couldn't even make a save? What are you? Crippled?" She snapped.

Heather played with her thumbs and looked down, "s... sorry... I... I-"

"Y... you what? Did you just suffer a stroke?" Julia smirked. Oh that was it, how could she do something like that?

"Who are you to mock and boss people around?" I spoke up for poor Heather.

Heather looked up and smiled at me gratefully. The whole class stopped whatever they were doing and watched what was going on.

Great, center of attention yet again.

"What?" Julia growled.

I felt Megan and Taylor squeeze my shoulders, telling me not to give in. I took in a deep breath.

"I said, who are you to mock and boss people around," I repeated.

"You want to challenge me now eh, loser? Just because Jace stood up for you this morning doesn't mean he's gonna save you again," she smirked.

"Jace didn't stand up for me. It was merely the truth. If you don't believe it then too bad, and I don't need Jace to save me. I have arms and legs to defend myself. I don't need your boyfriend to do my saving. He's already so busy saving you from your shallow life." I admitted. Okay I didn't know what took over me but right then, it was like there was fire pouring through my veins. All these years, Julia taunted me and now it was her turn to get a taste of her own medicine.

She gasped, along with her whole stupid crew.

"Besides why does she need Jace when she has us?" Taylor spoke up after they all recovered from their shock.

Julia shot her a glare, "shut up, loser number two. Nobody cares about your thoughts."

"Oh hell no. You do not speak to my friends like this," Megan's eyes were filled with fury.

Oh nobody would dare to mess with Megan when she's this mad. Nobody but Julia. Bad mistake Julia...

"What are you going to do about it, loser number 3?" She smirked at Megan.

"I didn't learn karate for nothing," Megan growled.

"Oh, so you think I'm scared of you eh?" Julia snapped at Megan.

"It's not just her," I said.

"Yea, it's us there you're messing with missy. You'd better watch your back," Taylor said with attitude.

"Ooh, like you three are scary," she rolled her eyes.

"That's because we are," Megan cracked her knuckles.

"Indeed," Taylor gave her a devilish grin.

"You don't wanna mess with us losers who can kick your sorry ass" I smirked at her.

She was baffled. She huffed and stomped her feet, like a spooky brat would.

"You losers will pay for it," she growled before sashaying out of the gym, with her little minions following her.

Her and her damn pride.

After she was gone, the whole class started clapping and coach came over. We gave each other panic looks.

"Good job girls," he smiled. We just looked at him with wide eyes.

"Thank you so much you girls," Heather smiled at us.

I smiled back, "it's okay." Megan and Taylor nodded in agreement.

"Alright back to your games while I find Julia," coach yelled.

Just then, Jace came back. "You are very late, Mr Adams," coach glared at him.

"Sorry coach, I was made to stay," he apologised with a smirk.

"Join Heather's group. We're playing volleyball today."

Jace jogged over to us and once he saw me, he shot me a glare. What...? He was being all nice just now and now he's glaring at me? Wha...

"Did you see that?" Taylor asked me. I gave her a confused look.

"He shot you a glare," she whispered. I nodded and looked at the ground.

"I'm sorry, Lexi," Taylor said and hugged me.

"You deserve someone better, Lex," Megan smiled.

I smiled back and nodded.

"Let's just get back to playing the game." I changed the topic and faced the opponent team, my eyes never daring to move to the direction that Jace was in.

I hope you're right, Meg. I really do...