Chapter 31

Lexi's pov

I stopped crying after awhile and looked up at the television, the proggrame had already ended and i saw my mother's proud smile as they showed who the designer was. I sighed and switched off the TV, i placed my hand on my forehead to feel the burning sensation gone. But just to be sure, I ate some medication just in case.

I really wanted to talk to Jace, he had been in his room since just now and hasn't even stepped out. Well, he didn't really have a reason to anyways, since there was a bathroom attached to the guest room. I sighed and placed the now soaked with my tears pillow back on the couch and headed to his room.

I didn't know if I should knock or just go back into my room, so I just stood there mostly with my hand halfway about to knock onto his door. Suddenly, the door opened and I was pretty sure I was just as shocked as he was. But he quickly recovered and gave me a smile, which I knew was absolutely fake because his eyes didn't shine like it usually would when he was smiling. I stared at him long enough to realise that.

"I was going to grab something to eat. Did you want anything?" He said in his ordinary voice.

"Uh... yea. I wanted to talk to you..."

"About?" He raised his eyebrows and i didn't know if he was acting dumb or he was just confused.

I could feel my cheeks get hot as i spoke and it wasn't because of the fever, "about what you asked me just now..."

"Oh." His face became even more shadowed than it already was and I felt my heart break a little more. "Then I guess you should come in."

I nodded as he stepped aside, letting me enter the guest room. Surprisingly, the room was pretty clean except for the crumpled and messed up bedsheets and pillows. "Sorry, didn't expect any visitors," he said sort of sarcastically.

I gave a short nervous laugh and stood awkwardly as he shut the door. "Hey, you don't have to be so formal, just sit wherever you want," he shoved his hands in his cotton shirts and quickly went to throw on a muscle tank.

I couldn't say I wasn't disappointed that his abs weren't visible anymore, but before I could mentally undress him which was very wrong, I sat at the edge of his bed and dribbled my fingers on his pillow. He took a sit at a chair across his bed, leaning against it in a relaxed position and threw his legs onto the bed.

How could he be so relaxed when I'm literally frozen? I didn't know what to do or what to say, it was like everything that I had planned in my head had suddenly vanished and I forgot what I was about to say. "So what were you going to say or tell me?" He broke the silence.

"I... uh... i..." my throat was dry all of a sudden. He gave a soft irritated sigh which I'm pretty sure he didn't want me to hear, but I did and I wasn't happy with this attitude. But I couldn't snap at him because I knew how it felt like to be in this position. It was just like mum and dad's relationship, she was always the victim and I've ways hated my dad. My mum told me since young to never blame him and up till now I didn't know why, not that I wanted to know anyways.

I cleared my throat a little and at the same time, clearing my thoughts as well. Just say it, Lexi. "Jace," I started, I thought he wouldn't be able to hear it because it wasn't audible even to me, but he lifted his gaze to meet mine. Then my heart stopped again, I knew what I wanted. I've always knew. But I meet expected to have it. But since now I do, I'm not gonna let that chance slip from my hands.

"If I said you could be mine, could i be yours too?" I managed to squeak out as I felt my cheeks get red. God, I couldn't even say it in a normal tone. I sounded like a screeching pony or something and I knew it was dead embarrassing. I couldn't even stare into his eyes for Gods sake, this is way worse than seeing him topless.