Chapter 26

Lexi's POV

"Sit down first, I'll go get the first aid kit," Jace said. I obediently agreed as I threw my bag on the floor and blew the stray hair off my face while waiting for Jace.

He took like almost a freaking half an hour to get the first aid kit which if I didn't remember wrongly, my mum placed it in the store room near my room.

I stood up and hummed a song as I made my way upstairs and I heard mumbling. I peeked into the store room and saw him covering his mouth while speaking on the phone as his back faced me.

Through his mumbles I could hear stuff like "now's not a good time", "I'll see you soon" and "I will never leave you". He quickly ended the call and I took a large step back and pretended that I just got there.

"Oh hey, sorry to make you wait so long, I... had an important phone call to answer. How long have you been standing there for?" He shoved his phone in his back pocket and flashed me a smile.

"Oh no, it's okay and I just got here. I thought something happened to you, that's all," I lied.

He nodded and grabbed the first aid kit and walked behind me back to the living room. He seemed so anxious, I wonder if something happened to him or worse still, his family.

He pushed me gently down on the sofa and took out some medical cream and applied it on my cheek.

"Better?" He asked.

"Yea," I nodded and smiled. "Thanks."

"Anything for you, princess."

I couldn't stop thinking about that conversation he had with that someone on the phone. If it was his family, why wouldn't he tell me?

And then the truth hit me. He was hiding something from me. But he must have his reasons right? Maybe because he doesn't want me getting hurt or not going back to my old self or whatever.

What the hell am I thinking, oh my god, I'm just thinking positive, just trying to presume he didn't do anything behind my back that would cause me to break down.

But I couldn't exactly stop him if he did right? I mean it's not like we're dating or anything but truth be told, I really wished we were.

Holy shit, Lexi Evans. You're crazy in love with him, you know that? You're fucking so into him that you're already wanting things that you shouldn't and can never have! Like him.

I was just sitting there on the couch, pretending that I was listening to what Jace was saying but inside, I was like a lost puppy. I didn't know what to do and I didn't even know what to fucking feel.

"Lexi, you okay?" Jace had his hand on my forehead and the other hand on my back.

"No, i don't think so," I answered truthfully. And I immediately regretted it.

"What is it? Are you feeling sick?"

"No, no. Just ignore what I said, I'm just tired. I'm going to go to bed, goodnight Jace," I quickly stood up and made my way upstairs, without even hearing why he had to say.

I felt like a bitch but I needed time to think and stop worrying about things that are supposed to be at the back of my mind. But to be honest, I really didn't feel well. I was feeling cold and I kept having headaches that kept me up almost the whole night and I couldn't sleep.

By the time I woke up next morning, I felt like hell and that I was still stuck there. Jace ignoring me wasn't making me feel any better but whatever, I really couldn't care anymore.

Maybe it was time to go back to my best friends whenever I needed help. Because let's face it, Jace won't be there for me forever. But Megan and Taylor would, they always will.

💘💘💘💘💘

enddd of this chapterr~

i hope you guys like this 😊

enjoy and ily ❤️

🌹 byeee 🌹