Chapter 4

Jace's POV

I pulled into the parking lot. I shut the door and messed up my hair. I took off my black leather boots and threw them to the side. I had something big going on tonight. I'm finally getting paid for the most embarrassing job ever.

Being a babysitter.

Ya, go ahead and laugh, but this lady is practically insane. She's some famous fashion designer who's going for some fashion stuff and is going to be gone for 2 weeks. She's gonna leave me with her 16 year old daughter for the 2 weeks in the house. Alone.

And guess how much she's gonna pay me? $100 per day, food and drinks paid by her. Even my stay at her house is free! And I'm meeting them tonight. I checked the time. Fuck. It's already 3, I have to meet them in like 4 hours. Yes I know I'm weird but I just wanna look good. I can't afford to mess this up too.

I've spent way too much time in school today, doing way too many uanessacry things. Isn't that lovely?

💕✖️💕✖️💕✖️💕✖️

I shook my head a little, sending little droplets of water flying everywhere.

I picked out my black jeans with rips in the middle, a checkered button up shirt and my black leather boots but I made sure it was clean first.

My hair was slicked back and I grabbed my black beanie. I put it on, showing off some of my brown hair. I sprayed on some of my cologne and checked the time. Four.

I threw the outfit that I wore to school today and some of my other stuff inside my bag and slung it over my back.

Maybe I should get them a gift. But what do girls like? All I know girls like is jewellery, designer stuff and going to bed. And by that I mean sex. Well because the only girl I hang around with is Julia and that's what's she asks for all the time. Maybe I should start with something not so expensive...

Chocolates! Everybody likes chocolates! Yes, I'm gonna get them chocolates. I threw my packed bag on the front seat of my car and wore my sunglasses. I drove to the mall which was just 15 minutes away and got them 2 boxes of chocolates each and also some new jeans and T-shirts. I checked the time again, it's already 6.30 so I decided to show up a little earlier.

Here comes my opportunity...

Please try not to mess this up. You still have to feed yourself after the two weeks. And how are you going to afford it all after that? Don't forget your mum is expecting you to be the man she always wanted you to be. You promised you would prove it to your parents. And that stupid perfect older brother of yours.

Jared.

I clenched my fist as I thought about my older brother. The perfect one which my parents loved. The one who always got everything and knew how to make them proud. The one who made my life a living hell for his own amusement.

I shook the nasty thoughts away and focused on the door in front of me.

Get your shit together Jace.

So I did.