Chapter 33

Lexi's POV

I smiled as I woke up and saw Jace sleeping peacefully. As much as I loved school back then, I really wanted to be able to spend the day with him and school just had to ruin it. I looked at the clock, 7:15. I guess it'd be alright if I was late... I mean Jace goes to school late all the damn time, and mine is just this once. My phone vibrated and I squinted as the bright light hit my face.

Taytay😍: hope ur well enough to go to school to take ur 'super important' test uve been talking about😂

Lexehh😇: OH MY FRIGGING GOD. I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT MY CHEM TEST. HOLY MOTHERISH SHIT! THANK U SO MUCH TAY, I LOVE U FOR THE REST OF MY WHOLE ENTIRE FREAKING LIFE

Taytay😍: my poor girl😂 what would u do without me? That boy has got u hooked real good...

Lexehh😇: can we talk about Jace later? I mean hello? I HAVE A TEST IN HALF AN HOUR AND IM GONNA BE LATE!

Taytay😍: relax... Meg and I will be at ur place in 15. I'm pretty sure Jace hasn't even woken up yet, ud better be ready by then...

Lexehh😇: YEAH OKAY. IM GONNA GO AND GET MY SHIT DONE K BYE. I LOVE U

Taytay😍: 😂😂love u too, u fucking idiot.

I ignored that message and hopped out of bed, and I'm pretty sure I set a record of being able to brush my teeth, got a quick shower and get dressed in 10 minutes. By the time I was ready, Jace was sitting at the edge of my bed, his hair was messy and his eyes were half open and half closed. "Lexi, is that you?" His sleepy voice was like setting my heart on fire.

"Yea, I gotta run," I rushed as I grabbed my books and shoved them in my bag because I didn't really give a shit anymore.

"Can't you just skip school and stay with me today babe?" He stood up and wrapped his arms around me.

I stood up to my full height and have a small laugh, "I wish. I've a super important chemistry test. If I miss it, there's no retake and my mum would kick your ass out of here. Trust me."

"Okay then, you'd better get the highest like you always do," he said seriously.

I kissed his cheek, "I'll see you later at school?"

"Yea, of course. I wouldn't miss that boring piece of crap if I could see you. Plus there's phys ed today," he wiggled his eyebrows.

And then I knew what he meant. Today we were going to be swimming at the newly renovated pool that we had, and from what I've heard, it seemed like it was heaven for a school like ours. "Hmm... But my ankle might have another option..." I tapped my chin as I pretended to consider whether to attend phys ed today. Of course I wouldn't skip it, but the look on his face was priceless.

"But princess... You gotta go! I'm not gonna be wearing a shirt! Don't you wanna see my hot abs?"  He lifted up the singlet he was wearing and started flexing.

"Hmm... We'll see, Mr Hunk." The car honking saved me and I rushed out before placing a kiss on his lips, and giving him a successful wink.

"Bye, Ms Sexy," he winked backed.

I laughed, "bye, cheesy pizza." He was about to protest but I interrupted him, "which happens to be my absolute fave." And he smiled.

He sent me to the door and I grabbed a ready to go sandwich on the way out. "See you, milady," he faked a very deep British accent and I laughed.

"Don't do that, I like your voice just the way it is," I pinched his cheek.

He smiled and waved as I hopped into the car, "you two are goals, Lex," Taylor smiled.