Chapter 27

Lexi's POV

"Hey guys," I smiled at Taylor and Megan. I stopped smiling because it was hurting just like everywhere else of my body.

"Hey, you okay? You don't look good, you look so pale," Taylor placed a hand on my forehead and took it back almost immediately.

"Holy shit, your head is burning. What the hell is Jace doing? He's supposed to be taking care of you, not letting you fall sick!" She gasped.

I sighed and leaned against the nearest tree, I really felt like shit. Everywhere hurt, all I wanted to do was to go home and lie down and not give a shit about the world. "I want to go home," I mumbled.

At times like this, I would call my mum and she would pick me up and cook me the most awesome porridge ever. But now that she's overseas, I really miss her. I could feel my lips trembling as I pulled my jacket even tighter.

"I'll send you," Megan wrapped a hand around me. "Taylor you go help us explain to Mrs whoever it is, I'll be back soon."

Taylor nodded and gave me a smile which I gave back weakly. "Get well soon, Lex. Visit you later," she waved as Megan helped me into the car.

I gave her a thumbs up sign and Megan drove off. "Lexi, seriously that guy isn't doing his job," she said without looking at me.

"I know but can we please not talk about this right now? I'm already feeling like shit and talking about him would make me feel way worse," I almost shouted. I was super grumpy most probably because I didn't get enough sleep last night and I was sick.

"Okay, okay," she threw her hands up in defence.

"Sorry, I'm just... you know," I sighed and closed my eyes. I wanted the world to go away and I could myself on the verge of tears and i didn't know why.

"Just let it out if you want, it'd make you feel better, trust me," she smiled.

So I did. I cried for whatever reason, I told her I missed my mum and Jace was nice but he's hiding something from me and I was paranoid, I was just scared of losing something.

And yea she was right, it did make me feel better but crying didn't solve anything. She helped me into the house and told me she would bring all the homework later with Taylor. I couldn't be more grateful for having these people as my friends.

I had the urge to call my mother but i knew at this time she'd be busy but I called her anyways. She didn't pick up and it went to her voicemail. But I poured out everything, in sobs of course.

"Hey mum, I know you're busy and all but my life is starting to freaking falling apart in just 3 days. Oh my god, I don't even know what the hell I'm upset about. It's definitely not my period so I don't even know anymore... Please call me back as soon as you can, I miss you. Love you, bye."

I tossed myself on the bed and cried myself to sleep. I can't believe it, all these because of Jace. What the hell has he done to me? Maybe getting him to be my babysitter wasn't such a good thing after all. And now I found the answer to my question about whether me having an even bigger crush on him was a good thing. It's not.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I woke up and checked the timing, it was 3, Jace should be back by now. I sighed and went downstairs to get myself some milk and settled down on the couch. Jace came back halfway throughout me watching 27 dresses and he was looking pissed.

"Where the hell were you? I spent like half an hour waiting for you, I thought something happened to you! Couldn't you have left me a text or something? I was so fucking worried, why are you so fucking selfish?" He raged.

I had no mood or strength to argue with him so I just sighed an mumbled "sorry". He folded his arms and scoffed, "seriously? Just sorry?"

Oh my god, could he not fucking see that I was sick? Like is he blind? I might not want to fight but he was being a jerk.

"Oh my god. Well I'm sorry Mr Gracious, I didn't fucking mean to fall get a fucking high fever and leave you waiting. I didn't know I was your fucking slave and had to listen to you all the damn time. Look who's the bloody selfish one," I yelled with all my strength and leaned back on the couch and took in a deep breath.

"Whatever, I just... I don't wanna fight anymore. I'm just gonna go back to my room," I sighed and stood up. Everything in the room was spinning and my head was hurting like shit.

Jace placed his hand on my back which helped me balance but since I was angry, I pushed him away weakly. "Go away," I walked up the stairs slowly.

I stopped halfway because everything was getting blackish and I was scared if I took another step I would roll down. "Oh my god, I can't," I turned and desperately threw my hands around till I grabbed Jace and he grabbed me.

"Here," he whispered and carried me back into my room as he laid me on the bed. He touched my forehead and gave a low whistle, "holy shit, you're burning."

"I know, I've been burning since this morning, do I have like black skin now?" I asked without trying to be funny, I was always like that when I was sick.

He chuckled a little, "no, you're still beautiful."

I smiled weakly, "thank you. You're not so bad yourself."

He sighed, "I'm sorry, I'm a jerk, forgive me yea?"

I laughed a little, "i dunno about that, but... maybe if you place a cold and wet towel on my forehead first, perhaps i would consider?"

He smiled, "right away princess."

I smiled as he kissed my hand and as he left the room, I slowly fell asleep.

💓✖️💓✖️💓✖️

NEW CHAPTER ❤️

sorry I took so long :(

but I hope you enjoy this 😌

🌹 bye 🌹