Chapter 30

Lexi's POV

I woke up with a groan and felt my body ache all over. I thought everything would be better when I woke up, but I guess I was wrong. I touched my forehead and felt a warm towel on my head, which I presumed was ice cold at first. I smiled at the thought that Jace was the one that had placed the towel on my head and frowned at the fact that Jace was a douche that I was in love with.

Ugh, I hated mixed feelings. So much for a boy. I checked my phone for the time and it was already 5 something. My vision was still sort of blurry so I decided to give Taylor a call. The phone rang 3 times and before it went to voicemail, she picked up.

"Hey what's up? Is something wrong?" She whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" I whispered back, well I guess it's just natural instinct.

"Church. Megan. Till 6. Sorry. I'll see you later. Love you." She said them super fast that I almost don't hear them.

How could I forget? Megan, Taylor and I volunteered at a church to help out young orphans on Mondays and Wednesdays. I quickly laughed at myself and spoke quickly on the phone as well, "sorry, I forgot. See you later. Love you too. Say hi to Meg for me. Bye."

She whispered another bye and hung up immediately. I smiled at her rushed words and realised I didn't even switch on the lamp. I stretched and whined a little in pain and finally, I managed to switch it on. There was a little note with shitty handwriting and I'm pretty sure it belonged to Jace.

Heading out to get something, I made soup for you. Don't touch the omelette or I will kill you. Nah, who am I kidding. I'll never make it through. Anyways, hope you're feeling better xx.

I laughed and kicked off my blankets and headed downstairs in extreme aching pain. The smell of the chicken soup was so fragrant, it led me directly to the heater where I found where Jace stored the chicken soup and omelette.

After not having any appetite for like most of the day, I was starving right now and definitely chicken soup wasn't going to be enough. After debating if I should call Jace and as him for some takeaway, I finally decided to do it. Well, he sorta owed me anyway, but I was really starving.

He picked up on the third ring and I could imagine him smiling as he spoke, "you're awake princess. How are you feeling? Is something wrong?"

I laughed and immediately stopped because it hurt, "no, I'm perfectly fine. Apart from the fact that I feel like shit but yea, I'm good."

I heard that rich laughter of his and smiled to myself. "God, Lexi. How are you always this happy? But seriously, is something wrong?"

"Yes, very. I'm starving."

He laughed again, "alright, I'll grab something back for you."

"Yes please, thank you."

I could feel his lips tugging into a smile as he said you're welcome, princess and I said bye in a sing-song voice, but not before threatening him to hurry his ass up back home.

The soup he made was absolutely delicious and honestly, even my mum didn't make it that well. Speaking of my mum, I wondered if she heard my voicemail... The headache was slowly going away and I was about to drift back to sleep but then my phone rang.

I groaned and checked the caller ID but everything was a blur and I realised I wasn't wearing my glasses. I hastily put them on and checked the caller ID again, it was my mum. I smiled and answered, "hey mum."

I heard my own voice and had a shock. I sounded like a dude and I cleared my throat.

"What...? Jace is that you? Could you pass the phone to Lexi? I have to speak to her."