Chapter 5

Lexi's POV

"He's such a fucked up guy," Megan swore.

She only swore like that when she's mad. Like really really really mad, you don't even wanna go there.

"Agreed," Taylor nodded.

I scoffed, "he's so naive, I pity him."

"NOT!" We yelled together and started to laugh.

I suddenly forgot about my leg and I felt pain shoot throughout my whole body.

"Holy freak balls!" I yelled, I absolutely hated swearing in public, no matter how angry I was. But I do curse a lot back home whenever I stub my little toe or you know, when stuff happens.

"Oh shit!" Taylor grabbed me by my armpit and so did Megan.

"You okay?" She asked me, her voice filled with concern.

I nodded, they gave me apologetic looks and I gave them a small smile.

"Should we take you to the doctor?" Megan asked.

I stared at her with my eyes bulging and shook my head firmly, I hated seeing the doctor, I don't know why but it's like a childish fear. Hey, it's not my fault I have an overprotective mum!

"I gotta go home, there's a first aid kit there, I can do it," I smiled.

They gave me an unsure look and I rolled my eyes. "Seriously guys, just trust me!"

They sighed and nodded.

"Fine," Taylor gave in.

🍕🍪🍕🍪🍕🍪🍕🍪

"Love you guys! See you tomorrow!" I waved them goodbye.

Thank god, Taylor was my ride today. They waved back and blew a kiss. I shook my head and chuckled slightly. I opened the door and the smell of good food hit me.

Crap, mum's home.

I tried to close the door slowly but Lady Luck was not smiling at me today...

"Lexi? Is that you?" My mum called from the kitchen.

I sighed, "yes, it's me."

"Great! Go get some old clothes and help me out here please!"

"Um mum, there's a slight problem..."

"What is it dear?" Her wad suddenly popped out of the kitchen and I slowly limped towards her.

"Oh my goodness, Lexi what on earth happened to you?" She gasped and dropped the spatula on the floor.

She swore under her breath and picked it up, then she threw it somewhere which I presumed was the sink, cuz there was an irritating sound that only metals can make.

"I uh fell..." I lied.

I couldn't let her know it was Jace! She's gonna make his life a living hell and he's gonna make me pay for it. It's basically a cycle.

"When?"

"Um, I slipped."

"Are you okay? Does it hurt? Is it bad? Should I take you to the doc?"

"Yes I'm okay, yes it hurts a little and no don't take me to the doc please."

"Okay, I'll see if there's anything I can do, but right now I gotta make sure the omelette doesn't burn!" And with that her head disappeared and I chuckled.

I picked up my bag and struggled upstairs. Oh thank god my room is on the second floor. And thank god the floor was carpeted. So if I fell, I won't have much but just a mere head concussion. I turned the doorknob and entered my room. I threw my bag on the floor and threw myself on my queen sized bed. I laid there for awhile and decided to get up and shower.

~~~~~~~~~~

My hair was dripping and I quickly blow dried it. It slowly turned back into its slightly curly form, just the way I like it. After that, I tied my hair into a high bun and threw on a sleeveless white top and my pale pink shorts. I wore my super comfy slippers from Ripples and went down.

"Mum?" I shouted.

"Yes, honey?"

"Do you need my help?"

"No it's fine! The first aid box is in the cupboard below the oven! Gimme 5 minutes!"

"Okay!"

I limped over to the oven and opened the cupboard below it. There it was, I've never been so happy to see it.

My kitchen was huge. It had like two parts. We have the baking area and the place where it's for actual cooking is what I'd like to call, the messy area.
I placed the first aid box on the coffee table and plunged myself on the couch. In the end, I ended up watching Victoria's secret since Ed Sheeran is performing.

"Ohhh, is that VS?" My mom said excitedly.

"Mhm."

She clapped her hands, "alright, now it's time to look at your leg."

I crossed my legs on the coffee table and she took a good look at it.

"Dear oh dear, it's swollen and most likely sprained."

"Sprained?"

"Yup."

"That... that means I can't do ballet!"

"I'm sorry, darling... it doesn't look too serious though... maybe a week?"

"A week?!?"

"Yea, or less."

I groaned, even though it didn't change or solve anything.

"Darling, it won't kill you not to dance," mum smiled.

Was she kidding?

"Yea for a day would be fine. But we're talking about a week!"

"Or less."

"Yea but still!"

"Darling, you can always do other things."

"Like?"

"Changing right now."

"What... why?"
"Because we have someone coming over tonight."

"Who?"

She didn't answer my question, instead, she bandaged up my ankle.

"You'll see," and with that she left. "Something nice, Lex!" She called.

I groaned again and limped upstairs.

I picked out a white blouse, a button up checkered sweater and my ripped skinny jeans. I slipped on my Vans not caring if my leg hurts, it's a fashion felony to wear slippers when you look badass. My mum influenced me too much...

✖️💎✖️💎✖️💎✖️💎

The doorbell rung. "Honey!" I limped as fast as I could downstairs, trying to avoid pressing my feet too hard against the floor because of that crazy pain that shot up every time.

"Yea mum?"

"Please open the door, honey," she was still setting the table.

"Sure," I smiled and took a deep breath.

I opened the door, and I had to rub my eyes like twice to make sure i wasn't dreaming.

There at my front door, stood Jace Adams...