Chapter 34

Lexi's POV

During lunch, I told Jace that I was going to a party that Taylor was dragging me to tonight and he got pissed. "Just tell her no, don't you wanna spend time with me?" He frowned.

"I've told her no about a million times and also to the other million parties she's asked me to go. And she's right, it's about time I let loose and live a little cuz it's senior year. C'mon Jace, this is the first party I've actually been invited to go to other than those stupid summer camps we have and the sleepovers. I... I think I should go," I explained.

"So you'd rather ditch me so that you can prove to others that you're actually a different person all this while? Isn't that a bit selfish?"

I gasped, how was I selfish? "Me, selfish? And since when am I ditching you? I never said you couldn't come, I'd actually be really glad if you would so that I can spend the entire night dancing with you and get drunk together or... I dunno! And why the hell would I want to prove to people who I really am when I already have everyone that I need? What about you? You just want me all to yourself, aren't you being selfish as well? I... Why are you even getting so mad in the first place?"

"That's because I'm your boyfriend and I care for you! And I don't want you to end up getting raped or something!"

"If you cared about me, then you won't argue with me over this stupid party that I will still go with or without your consent, because I expected that you'd be proud of me finally to have enough confidence to go to this fucking party because I'm almost fucking 17!" I yelled as tears rolled down my cheeks. I sniffed and angrily used the back of my hand to wipe away my angry tears. I ran to the girls bathroom with practically everyone staring at me but i didn't really care, so I just cried my heart out in the bathroom.

There was someone banging on the door and I expected it to be either Tay or Meg or even both. "Get lost!" I mumbled loud enough for whoever outside to hear me. I wasn't usually a very harsh person but when I'm upset or something, I just wanted people to leave me alone and let me drown in my own thoughts.

"Please open the door! I... I can't hold it in anymore!" It was a high pitched voice and I knew it was definitely some freshmen. No matter how mad I was and wanted to shut the world away, I couldn't just let the poor girl end up peeing- or something even worse in her pants, her life would be ruined and I'm not a bitch who would let that happen.

I stood behind the door, and tried to use my fringe to cover my puffy red eyes as I unlocked the door. I didn't even bother trying to look at the girl and hoped all she wanted to do was to do her business and leave me alone. But she unexpectedly wrapped her arms around me which gave me a complete shock. I jumped up as I felt more than a pair of hands on me. What if she was an alien or something that was here to get me? Yes. I'm almost 17 and I have the wildest and stupidest imagination ever.

"Please don't hurt me!" I sunk down to the bottom of the bathroom's cold white tiles as the two pairs of hand lifted me up. "Hey, it's us Lex," Taylor's smooth voice made my head snap up and I studied their faces to check if it was really them and true enough, it was. A wave of relief and anger rushed through me and I didn't know which to express first, so I just showed both.

"Oh my god, you guys scared the shit out of me! I thought you guys were aliens but praise the lord for me being safe," I rambled.

They stifled a laugh as they helped me up to my feet and Taylor pushed the hair out of my face and Megan grabbed some wet wipes  and gave them to me. "Thanks guys," I smiled.

"That's why we're best friends, that's what we do," Megan shrugged, like it's her daily job.

"Hey, if you wanna spend time with Jace go ahead okay? I'm not gonna make you come to the party and have your mind on Jace, you're not gonna have any fun. Anyways, we can go for these kinda parties any time," Taylor laid her hand on my shoulder as Megan went to her locker to grab some make up.