Epilogue: One Year Later

—O N E Y E A R L A T E R—

"Hello, girls." Kira greeted happily, sliding inside the booth next to Sasha.

Today, she was called in to have lunch with Robyn, her obnoxious, lighthearted friend. She left out the detail that she'd invited Sasha, her sister-in-law, and Cassia, a former employee, and friend.

"About time we all had a sit down. I have a lot to get off my chest." Robyn whines playfully, waving her hands.

Kira chuckles. "Wait, let me guess. Is it Anthony?"

Robyn scoffs. "That man is unbelievable. I tried and he started getting cocky. Never have I ever met a man so full of himself."

The women around all laughed, causing Robyn to roll her eyes.

"He isn't that bad, Rob. It takes time to get used to him." Kira chuckled.

"Easy for you to say. Your practically his sister. Besides, it's enough knowing he's living in the same state as I." She smirks.

"Don't try to kill him." Cassia laughed.

Robyn shrugged. "As tempting as it is, I'll be on my best behavior when around him. But enough about me. I haven't seen my best friend in months. How are things going with you and Giovanni?"

A faint blush appeared on Kira's cheeks. A year strong and nothing but positivity sporting her marriage to Giovanni. Living with him in Phoenix was not as difficult as she thought it would be. She did worry about her mother's shop here and there but she knew it was being left in good hands while she was gone. She was still trying to find a way to manage it from afar.

"Perfect. Everything is perfect." Kira smiled dreamily. "I couldn't ask for anything better but..." Her voice trailed, gaining the attention of the girls she considered friends.

"But?" Cassie questioned, concerned.

Kira bit her lip, tapping the table nervously. "How do you tell the man you love with all your heart that things are going to change drastically in your marriage?"

They all frowned. Sasha touched Kira's shoulders, worried. "It depends on what it is. What's going on, Kira?"

"It's better if I just show you guys." Kira searched in her purse until she found what she was looking for.

It was a square piece of paper only to not be just paper. Sasha gasped when she saw the gray, black, and white image.

"No, way!" She screamed in excitement. So loud, she gained a few eyes.

"What?! What is it?" Robyn questioned at the same time as Cassia.

Once Kira turned the ultrasound photo around, they screamed happily. The nervous feeling Kira had, disappeared.

"Oh my God! You're pregnant?" Robyn said in disbelief but happy about the news.

"How many weeks?" Cassie questioned.

"Three weeks to be exact." Kira smiled.

Sasha squealed, side hugging Kira. "I can't believe I'm going to be an Auntie. Auntie Sasha. I love it."

"Auntie Rob sounds fantastic as well."

Cassie chuckled. "You guys are something."

"I'm glad you are all happy but I have yet to tell Giovanni." Kira sighed. "I just don't know how he'll react."

"My brother loves you, Kira. So much. I'm certain he will love the idea of becoming a father so soon. I'm so happy."

"We need to go big for the baby shower," Robyn announced, the women agreeing.