Chapter Twenty-Nine - It's You and Me

Kira rested her head on Giovanni's chest, his arms around her as they laid naked under the covers, happy to be with each other. They went back to Giovanni's suite and spent hours loving each other with their bodies and souls. Giovanni told her everything about the speech and how Leah was shamed in many ways. Especially for pinning another man's child on a happily married man.

"What more are you thinking about?" Kira broke the silence.

Giovanni's fingers played in her hair as he stared up at the ceiling. "How happy I am to have you in my arms."

Kira smiled, placing a kiss on his pectoral. "I'm happy to be here."

She sighed in contentment before sitting up, pulling the covers to her chest. She pushed her hair out of her face and turned took look at him.

"I'm sorry for leaving you in Phoenix like that."

Giovanni sat up beside her, lacing their fingers together. "Kira, you don't have to keep apologizing."

"Yes, I do." She sighed. "I-I was scared so I did the only thing I could to protect myself."

She saw the look of understanding crossing his face. He reached up, stroking her cheek lovingly. "You don't have to be scared anymore. I promise, Kira, things are going to change for us. Leah won't be a problem and it will be confirmed once I make a public statement."

"You're going to tell the world the truth?"

He nods and Kira could do nothing but smile and kiss him. Before the kiss could become something deeper, she pulled away.

"Wait," she paused. "What would your parents think?"

"They would want us to continue being happy."

"They know?"

"Yes," He nods. "It was before I left and announced as the next CEO."

She gasped happily and hugged him tightly. "I'm so happy for you. You deserve it."

He pulled her to straddle his lap, wrapping his arms around her. "And I want to share my success with you."

"Only if you'll let me do it in return. From the looks of it, the bakery won't be done any time soon."

"I want it to be perfect."

She smiled widely at him, pecking his lips. "I know it will be."

Taking his hand, Giovanni smoothed her out of her face, looking up at her with so much love. This love felt completely different than when he was once with Leah.

Kira was special in more ways in one. She changed him. Made him act differently. He no longer cared about the contract or the money. He just wanted Kira to be at his side as his true bride.

And he was going to do so the right way.

"Are you sure you're comfortable coming back here?" Giovanni asked Kira the moment they stepped foot back in Phoenix.

Giovanni was here to make a public speech, telling the truth. He was tired of the media only getting half-truths about his life. Today, that was going to change.

"I am if you are." Kira smiled and Giovanni responded with a quick kiss upon her addicting lips.

The car ride to Brown Enterprises was short and they were greeted with a nice crowd of reporters and flashing cameras. The muffled shouts of questions could be heard and Giovanni glanced over to Kira. After a moment, she gave him a positive look. She was ready to stand by him no matter what.